Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 265 Old 02-09-2012, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by omholt View Post

Ok. I didn't receive a full v11 when I upgraded from v10. Improvement then.

I didn't either. I received the idiotic "upgrade-only" installer since I had the full installer for v7 and that applies to v8, v9, v10, and v11. So, it was always fun re-installing. Now, with v12 I did get the full retail installer so I don't need to go through the BS upgrade installation process which requires safe storing of the old installers, license keys, rebooting, upgrading, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 265 Old 02-09-2012, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
What I've found is that if you order the upgrade early, they "reward you" with a full installer. If you order it after the first couple of updates come out, then the upgrade version is going to be an actual upgrade. That's simply my observation on it.
post #123 of 265 Old 02-09-2012, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm pretty sure if you ask, they will email you a link. Happened to me once or twice when they put out new builds of PDVD8. I have both, full installers and updates, of different builds.
post #124 of 265 Old 02-10-2012, 12:58 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post

Actually AMD 5x cards can do HDMI 1.4, MVC just isn't decoded in hardware (so a good CPU is required).

Yesterday evening I connected my PC with the ATI 5670 GPU via HDMI high speed cable to my Sony Bravia 3D TV and it worked!

I was able to play a blu-ray 3D from the blu-ray drive in my PC in PowerDVD 12 and send it to the second screen (my tv) using WindowKey+Shift+ArrowKey. When it was on the tv, I clicked the 3D button and the TV recognized the 3D signal and switched to 3D mode.

Also it was possible to play a downloaded 3D BD folder this way and a 3D half SBS mkv, but that was not very good quality.
post #125 of 265 Old 02-13-2012, 02:44 AM

I upgraded to PowerDVD 12 Ultra but now I'm no more able to play any BD disc.
Region code fell to 0 (from control panel, hardware properties, it's still at 4!) and now I only get error messages from PowerDVD.
I've also installed Avast Internet Security 6.0.1367 and I read about possible conflicts between the 2 softwares.
Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance!
post #126 of 265 Old 02-14-2012, 02:26 PM

I just got PWDVD12 and the problem im encountering is with MKV playback with DTS-HD MA audio track. I have a 7.1 Analog Speaker setup on a Realtek AC889 soundcard and i got the a DTS-MA 7.1 Test mkv file from www.demo-world.eu to verify if PWDVD 12 was actually decoding DTS-MA correctly and i found that unlike TMT5 it plays both Side speakers and rear speakers thru the Side channels.

Anybody else has encountered this issue?, i read on the cyberlink forums that PDVD12 is supposed to decode DTS-MA in mkv's containers so im wondering if this is a bug or soemthing.

Thanks

Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
post #127 of 265 Old 02-14-2012, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

What is your windows audio control panel set to?
post #128 of 265 Old 02-14-2012, 02:54 PM

7.1 Surround.

post #129 of 265 Old 02-14-2012, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Then I don't know what could be wrong. I haven't tried decoding in PDVD12 yet. And certainly not with an MKV. It seems to bitstream them ok for the most part. My issue is that I seriously doubt decoding is going to use exclusive mode so you're affected by the windows audio settings. If you're set to 7.1, you should be getting proper decoding so I'm not sure what's happening there.
post #130 of 265 Old 02-14-2012, 03:00 PM

Well thats the thing, i ran the same MKV thru TmT5 and all channels are decoded properly to the right speakers. Which leads me to believe is a Powerdvd issue. If you have the chance here is the link to the mkv test file and see if its doing the same to you.

http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/hi...n-trailers.php

Just scroll down to DTS and look for the 7.1 loseless test.

I would appreciate it.

Thank you

post #131 of 265 Old 02-14-2012, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

It won't do me any good to test that for you at the moment. I don't have 7.1 set up yet. I let my receiver deal with handling 7.1, though, rather than the PC. But in order to test what you're asking for I'd need the extra 2 speakers which I don't yet have. It's been on my list of things to deal with for quite a while I just haven't gotten around to it. Mainly cause I want to match the speakers I have and haven't been able to find 2 more.
post #132 of 265 Old 02-14-2012, 03:13 PM

Allright i understand. I hope if its a PowerDvd issue it gets fixed soon.

post #133 of 265 Old 02-14-2012, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Yea, it took forever to get the software decoders fixed over the years. And by that I mean both TMT and PDVD. Both had bugs all over the place. They'd get fixed, a new bug would get introduced, etc. TMT's dts decoder hasn't been touched in a LONG time now...for good reason. It's currently (mostly) bug free. For most people it's completely bug free but has a few issues with oddball tracks. PDVD was stable with 5.1 decoding, so, it stands to reason there could be some growing pains with 7.1.
post #134 of 265 Old 02-14-2012, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

It won't do me any good to test that for you at the moment. I don't have 7.1 set up yet. I let my receiver deal with handling 7.1, though, rather than the PC.

If it's your Pioneer, and if by "deal with" you mean you have the "virtual' rear channels set up for 7.1 content, then you can sort of check it. If PDVD12 is passing 7.1 audio, then you should hear the rear surrounds in the side surrounds, but bleed a bit into each other. If I didn't misunderstand, what he's hearing is the rear channels in the side channels, so in that case, for example, rear-right will sound exactly as side-right (no bleed into rear-left).

(Sorry if I put you on the spot )
post #135 of 265 Old 02-14-2012, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post

If it's your Pioneer, and if by "deal with" you mean you have the "virtual' rear channels set up for 7.1 content, then you can sort of check it. If PDVD12 is passing 7.1 audio, then you should hear the rear surrounds in the side surrounds, but bleed a bit into each other. If I didn't misunderstand, what he's hearing is the rear channels in the side channels, so in that case, for example, rear-right will sound exactly as side-right (no bleed into rear-left).

(Sorry if I put you on the spot )

Actually you do have a point. Cause I have it set up exactly like that and when I do the windows audio test I can tell which is which quite easily. But, unfortunately, I no longer have time to test today. Maybe tomorrow.
post #136 of 265 Old 02-14-2012, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Side note: if your front speakers are the same as the surrounds, why not take this as an excuse to get two nicer speakers (perhaps towers) and move the fronts to the back? I'm running two very different fronts (electrostats), which Pioneer's MCACC EQ takes care of pretty well.
post #137 of 265 Old 02-14-2012, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post

Side note: if your front speakers are the same as the surrounds, why not take this as an excuse to get two nicer speakers (perhaps towers) and move the fronts to the back? I'm running two very different fronts (electrostats), which Pioneer's MCACC EQ takes care of pretty well.

They aren't. Front speakers are monsters. Rear are nice bookshelf that I can't seem to find. They're a matched 5.1 set of Yamaha speakers. Mid-range at best, but, they've served me well.
post #138 of 265 Old 02-14-2012, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpmc View Post

I upgraded to PowerDVD 12 Ultra but now I'm no more able to play any BD disc.
Region code fell to 0 (from control panel, hardware properties, it's still at 4!) and now I only get error messages from PowerDVD.
I've also installed Avast Internet Security 6.0.1367 and I read about possible conflicts between the 2 softwares.
Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance!

There was a similar PDVD 11 problem for a few people a couple of builds ago. Check the Cyberlink support forums. I think they had to do a registry fix.
post #139 of 265 Old 02-17-2012, 05:30 PM

Ok Guys, i have a very special Problem/Question about 3D.
I hope this is the right Thread.

I' using a HTPC (Intel i7, AMD 5850, Windows 7 32Bit) to play 3D BDs, watching them on a Panasonic VT30 connected by HDMI.

My Player Software is Arcsoft TMT5.
3D works like a Charm, smooth, automatic switching to the 3D Mode, all fine.
But TMT (latest Version) have Stutter Issues in 2D, so i want to change to PowerDVD 12.

PowerDVD works great in 2D, but: the 3D Mode have a serious Issue for me.

When watching a 3D BD, on the upper left Corner on my Panny i have a very bright white Pixel.

It looks like a Dead Pixel on my Panny, but this is ONLY happening while watching 3D BDs with PowerDVD.

Arcsoft TMT, Stereoscopic Player, Corel WinDVD = All Fine, no white Pixel in 3D Mode.

Only Solution to avoid this strange Thing is to enable Overscan on my Panny, but this a bad Solution, i don't want to have Overscan on.

I've tried different Catalysts (11.4, 11.12, 12.1), i've tried different Versions of PowerDVD = the white Pixel is always there.

So my Question:
Is there a Wonder Catalyst to avoid this, or is this a Problem caused by a Cyberlink specific 3D Mode?
post #140 of 265 Old 03-09-2012, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I ve asked this question a few years back but at that moment it was not possible with PDVD, but maybe things changed since then! -)

Does PDVD12 support Dual Audio Output simultanously? More specific: DTS-MA/True-HD via HDMI out of videocard and at the same time the core DTS/DD signal via a second audio card (eg. Soundblaster X-Fi surround 5.1) through SPDIF optical out?

Why I would need this (I know this question will come so here s the answer already ):
I own a D-Box system which is simply said a moving seating during movies (www.d-box.com). The seating get s it signal from a D-Box decoder (D-Box MCI-2P). This (pc-based) D-Box decoder needs to receive the ORIGINAL core dts/dd signal via optical spdif input in order to work. One can use a simple SPDIF audio card (like the Creative X-Fi surround 5.1 usb). You can connect the spdif output of the audio card to the spdif input of the d-box decoder and from the d-box decoder spdif output you connect the decoder to your avr. Simple as that eh? Of course this way you cannot enjoy dts-ma/true-hd audio.

Over the past years D-Box users have looked for a HTPC solution to be able to use d-box and high-res audio at the same time. Some cable extractors where tried but it never worked (it did not work because the condition of the D-Box decoder is that it needs to receive the core UNALTERED dd/dts signal and with all these extension cables something went wrong that just didn t make it work).

So in all these years d-box users who wanted to have d-box and high res. audio simultanuously needed to use non pc player like the Dune and Oppo player which support audio over HDMI and SPDIF at the same time.

d-box always said they where working a a HDMI decoder but it never came......

But a few month ago there was a breakthrough and a d-box user on the AVS forum managed to get it working on a HTPC! He created his own (altered) version of Media Player Classic Home Cinema and LAV filters http://htpcfordbox.over-blog.com/art...-89040282.html). With his software d-box users can now enjoy d-box and high res. audio with a htpc. However, there are some downsides:

- First of all, d-box users are limited and can only use MPC-HC and LAV filters. The biggest downside of MPC-HC is that it does not support 3D so a 3D+d-box+high res. audio is not possible.
- Next there is the author who does not update the software anymore while there has been quite a few new versions of MPC-HC and LAV filters with important fixes. I do not have acces to the source codes.

TMT5 told a few years back they where working on a solution but this project went dead.....

Can PDVD make THE difference here for HTPC+D-Box users?

EDIT: PDVD does not support it I just found out. I asked the technical support if it is possible to introduce it in the future
post #141 of 265 Old 03-27-2012, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
post #142 of 265 Old 03-28-2012, 02:38 AM

Does the patch have a addon to disable auto refresh switching?
post #143 of 265 Old 04-02-2012, 06:15 PM

I haven't been able to get DTS-HD MA 5.1 matrixed to 7.1 using PowerDVD 12. My setup is a Radeon HD4550 with 7.1 PCM audio via HDMI to a Panasonic SA-XR700 receiver.

I have confirmed DTS-HD MA 7.1 and TrueHD 7.1 output using 7.1 PCM however the receiver does not allow me to process PIIx on 7.1 PCM streams. As most of the content I watch is DTS-HD MA 5.1 I was hoping that PowerDVD would matrix this to 7.1 PCM for me. Is this something that is possible? My alternative is to just bitstream the DTS Core 5.1 to the receiver which will allow me to apply PIIx to 7.1.
post #144 of 265 Old 04-04-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignickfly View Post

Any one?
post #145 of 265 Old 04-04-2012, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyoung88 View Post

I haven't been able to get DTS-HD MA 5.1 matrixed to 7.1 using PowerDVD 12. My setup is a Radeon HD4550 with 7.1 PCM audio via HDMI to a Panasonic SA-XR700 receiver.

I have confirmed DTS-HD MA 7.1 and TrueHD 7.1 output using 7.1 PCM however the receiver does not allow me to process PIIx on 7.1 PCM streams. As most of the content I watch is DTS-HD MA 5.1 I was hoping that PowerDVD would matrix this to 7.1 PCM for me. Is this something that is possible? My alternative is to just bitstream the DTS Core 5.1 to the receiver which will allow me to apply PIIx to 7.1.

Use Reclock and output through WASAPI exclusive. That way for 5.1 content your receiver will get 5.1 and it will be able to apply DPLIIx.
post #146 of 265 Old 04-06-2012, 05:09 PM

I just installed powerdvd12 in my htpc. Only complaint is quirky iso playback. Sometimes after iso is loaded on vitual drive in WMC there is a not enough time for me to choose whether I want to play it via WMP or Powerdvd 12. it simply goes back to the metadata screen (mymovies); anyone else experience this.

Also laggy getting started. But playing back nice with bitstreaming (i think, lol).

cheers.
post #147 of 265 Old 04-12-2012, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Can it decode the 96kHz/24-bit DTS-HD MA track of Baraka properly yet?
post #148 of 265 Old 04-19-2012, 07:24 PM

Need some help, just upgraded to 12 from 9 oem. My issue is while watching a bluray it freezes every 20 mins or so. I thought maybe upgrading would resolve my issue but no luck. It did do it more often with 9, but was hoping 12 would have some updates to correct that issue.

I'm connected to an onkyo 805 from a gt430, i5 proc.

any help is appreciated
post #149 of 265 Old 04-27-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignickfly View Post

For anyone that would like to know the answer...

NO the update does not have the feature to disable auto refresh rate popup.

But if you have ANYDVD HD do the refresh rate change for you the popup in PDVD12 does not occur.
post #150 of 265 Old 04-30-2012, 09:05 PM

I have upgraded from PDVD 10 to PDVD 12 and noticed with DVD's their seems alot more image sharpening happening. Does any one else notice this?

System: Windows 7, HD4850 CCC 10.8, DVI to infocus IN83 DLP 100" screen.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page