Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygmunt View Post

Only from USA
Not good.... :-(

Does it brings the usb front components?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 85 Old 12-24-2012, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
ITX4 - NO. ITX5 - YES

Zygmunt
Perfect Home Theater
post #63 of 85 Old 12-24-2012, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Thanks for checking Zygmunt, I know that you can still buy them now (usually for OEM replacements) but they are being phased out. I don't think even Panasonic lists that drive on their site anymore. I think the e5 case is a great value for the quality and it's a perfect fit for the DH61AG MB. Size wise it fits with all my other components and leaves plenty of room internally for anything I might need to add later. Morex and Silverstone both have thin mini cases specifically designed for that motherboard but they seemed to have forgotten that it has a PCIe slot and if you want to make an all in one DVR you're kind of hosed for an internal tuner without drilling the box. As far as I'm concerned the Wesena cases are the best value for the money.
post #64 of 85 Old 12-24-2012, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 154
So I was looking at the E7... any idea what the GPU length and CPU cooler height requirements are for that one?

Edit: and now that I think about it, is there a PSU length limitation? It looks like no on the PSU and GPU, but it's hard to tell from the pictures whether the 3.5" drive cage gets in the way.

Oh, and what does the top panel look like? Is it ventilated at all? The only reason I ask is because it looks like other than the two openings for the 80mm fans, there's no other ventilation at all.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #65 of 85 Old 12-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

There a vents on the top lid. Nothing there to mount a fan but it is vented. I don't know about gpu but I use a scythe big shuriken in there with plenty of clearance under a blu ray drive. I actually put a cooler master 120mm on top of the shuriken heat sink and still have plenty of room.
post #66 of 85 Old 12-25-2012, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascen5sion View Post

There a vents on the top lid. Nothing there to mount a fan but it is vented. I don't know about gpu but I use a scythe big shuriken in there with plenty of clearance under a blu ray drive. I actually put a cooler master 120mm on top of the shuriken heat sink and still have plenty of room.

Okay thanks. With regards to the GPU, if it ends up being absolutely necessary, I might just have to get the case first, and then see how much room I have to work with before deciding on a specific model of GPU.

post #67 of 85 Old 12-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member

IMG_1516.jpg 115k .jpg file IMG_1517.jpg 111k .jpg file IMG_1518.jpg 109k .jpg file IMG_1519.jpg 104k .jpg file IMG_1520.jpg 85k .jpg file IMG_1521.jpg 135k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1516.jpg (114.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1517.jpg (110.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1518.jpg (109.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1519.jpg (103.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1520.jpg (84.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1521.jpg (135.5 KB, 22 views)
post #68 of 85 Old 12-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Should be plenty of room for gpu.. Even with my cables everywhere lol you can see the room. Obviously not a haven't paid any attention to cable management, I should be ashamed lol. But hey now you have a better idea.
post #69 of 85 Old 12-25-2012, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Okay yeah, it looks like there should be plenty of space for any GPU I would want to fit.

Thanks for that though, pictures of a real-world install are much easier to discern information from than an empty case at a 3/4 angle like is shown at PerfectHomeTheater's more images link.

post #70 of 85 Old 12-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Yeah I tried to load the pics right on the page for ya but need to learn the new photobucket. But you get the picture. It's a nice case you should be happy if you decide to get one.
post #71 of 85 Old 12-26-2012, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

So I was looking at the E7... any idea what the GPU length and CPU cooler height requirements are for that one?
Edit: and now that I think about it, is there a PSU length limitation? It looks like no on the PSU and GPU, but it's hard to tell from the pictures whether the 3.5" drive cage gets in the way.
Oh, and what does the top panel look like? Is it ventilated at all? The only reason I ask is because it looks like other than the two openings for the 80mm fans, there's no other ventilation at all.
You are right, there are few pictures showing top lid. All top panels on e series are identical, so you can look at other chassis like this one .
This picture
shows both 80mm fans in e7 chassis. You can see here that GPU should fit between ODD bracket and HDs.

Zygmunt
Perfect Home Theater
post #72 of 85 Old 05-02-2013, 10:05 AM

Sorry to resurrect an old (ish) thread, but I just purchased an e5 from Perfect Home Theater and I was hoping to get some feedback on the IR receiver. Does anyone have any experience using it with XBMC? I saw on the website that it works "with some limitations". I was curious what those limitations were? I currently use a USB IR Receiver and a Harmony using the MCE profile. I use EventGhost to "re-map" the keypresses directly to XBMC (since on my current HTPC, XBMC may not always be in focus). Adding to my issues are that I am going to attempt to install Linux on this e5 build. Just curios if anybody has any comments on using this receiver/remote with XBMC and/or the process of pairing with a Harmony remote.
post #73 of 85 Old 08-12-2013, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hi I bought a wesena case and the IR to go with it.

After plugin in the usb, I see that windows auto configures it but my remote won't work.

http://www.quietpc.com/hfx-600 that's the remote I am using.
post #74 of 85 Old 08-13-2013, 03:41 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Check if remote is in correct mode. Press red button first and try if you can control WMC.
If not - press blue button and check if you can move cursor on the screen up, down, left and right.
If not - you have a problem.
First try this: http://techsupport.perfecthometheater.com//Manuals/Programming%20Wesena%20IR.pdf
If it doesn't work, you have to use different remote or try to use remapping software from Streacom. (I never try it because I use RC260, RC197 or RC153 remotes without a problem. So I have no experience with this software.)
Go to bottom of this page: http://techsupport.perfecthometheater.com//Manuals%20&%20drivers.htm to start it.

I hope that it helps.

Zygmunt
Perfect Home Theater
post #75 of 85 Old 08-13-2013, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Check if remote is in correct mode. Press red button first and try if you can control WMC.
If not - press blue button and check if you can move cursor on the screen up, down, left and right.
If not - you have a problem.
First try this: http://techsupport.perfecthometheater.com//Manuals/Programming%20Wesena%20IR.pdf
If it doesn't work, you have to use different remote or try to use remapping software from Streacom. (I never try it because I use RC260, RC197 or RC153 remotes without a problem. So I have no experience with this software.)
Go to bottom of this page: http://techsupport.perfecthometheater.com//Manuals%20&%20drivers.htm to start it.

I hope that it helps.

So I hit the red button and I then could use the directional buttons, but that lasted for about 2 seconds. Not sure what to make of this?

I then hit the red and blue button a few times and I couldn't do anything.

So I tried the first thing you suggested. I noticed there are two bin files under wesena on your website, tried both and neither seemed to work.

Also I have two different remotes here. No luck with either.

On to the last suggestion, I can successfully download new software to the IR but I don't see any improvement.
post #76 of 85 Old 08-14-2013, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

If windows and software (RC260.exe) can see IR receiver it looks to me that IR receiver is OK. It is not compatible with your remote for some reason.
Do you have access to RC153, RC197 or RC260?

Zygmunt
Perfect Home Theater
post #77 of 85 Old 08-14-2013, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

HDD-10 formerly Wesena eHDD chassis.
I received several e-mails from people asking about eHDD chassis. eHDD chassis were not very popular so we stopped production.

We can build them if there is enough demand. So we are accepting preorders to find out how many people would like to buy it. When ordering, please use credit card. (If you use PayPal you pay immediately) I will NOT charge your credit card, I just want to know how many people are really interested in such chassis.

It there is enough demand, we will build them and offer for sale in the USA.

This chassis - with fans and 250W proprietary PSU - costs $300.00. You have to add $85.00 per SATA card for 5 HDs, so if you need chassis for 10 HDs you have to spend $470.00, plus eventually additional $25.00 for controller installed in your PC.

It is possible that we can lower price up to 25% if there is enough demand for this chassis.

There will be new name - HDD-10 - and probably it will be sold under my company name.

Zygmunt
Perfect Home Theater
post #78 of 85 Old 08-30-2013, 04:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Over two weeks and not even one question? Nobody interested?
I think that this concept is DOA.

Zygmunt
Perfect Home Theater
post #79 of 85 Old 08-30-2013, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 182
It probably is DOA. At 10 drives, having external access and status leds is a near mandatory feature. Having to open the chassis and trace cables just to verify that you are touching the right drive is a major hassle and a very error-prone process. The rackmount option is not competitive with the dozens of other rackable jbod chassis models available; those can always be made to look pretty by mounting them with recessed brackets behind a vented rack panel. Ten drives is also past most people's tolerance level for drive+fan noise, and they're looking to move that out of earshot.
post #80 of 85 Old 09-22-2013, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I will be showing some Wesena chassis on CEDIA. Please visit Assassin HTPC stand.

Zygmunt
Perfect Home Theater
post #81 of 85 Old 10-29-2013, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

New Wesena chassis have two USB 3.0 ports in front but no Card Reader.
Question for you guys:
Do you consider card reader as important part of chassis or not?

Zygmunt
Perfect Home Theater
post #82 of 85 Old 10-29-2013, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:

New Wesena chassis have two USB 3.0 ports in front but no Card Reader.
Question for you guys:
Do you consider card reader as important part of chassis or not?

No, I'd actually prefer no front panel at all. Why? The standard USB3 front-panel internal connector is too big for mini-ITX builds (the plug that goes into the motherboard is large and the cable not very flexible). A USB2 front panel ends up taking up the only USB2 header on the motherboard (most mini-ITX motherboards have 1 x USB2 header) that would be used for the internal IR receiver. Haswell is particularly problematic with the lack of mini-ITX motherboard with a CIR header (I believe the Z87E-ITX has one and it's very expensive). ASUS motherboards have 2 x USB2 headers at least. Gigabyte and ASRock do not (again except Z87E-ITX).

post #83 of 85 Old 10-29-2013, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 200
for me I like cases with built in ir and at least 1 usb on the front for a keypad, so 2.0 or 3.0 doesn't matter.

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #84 of 85 Old 10-30-2013, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I think usb 3.0 is a nice feature, and I consider that lack of a card reader another nice feature.
post #85 of 85 Old 01-29-2014, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I am receiving e-mails with questions why the same looking chassis have different model numbers.
Wesena started manufacturing chassis under their own name couple years ago. Two years ago Wesena in partnership with Streacom added fanless chassis to their line under Streacom brand known as FC series. Later Wesena made their own ITX models under Streacom brand, named F*C.
They also made some models under Wesena brand but named in Streacom style – F*C to make it more complicated. So you can see the same chassis labeled as Wesena ITX2 or Streacom F1C or Wesena F1C!

Last spring several people left Wesena (including the designer and General Manager), started their own companies and build the same chassis under the PHT brand, so - right now - there are identical or almost identical chassis under PHT, Streacom and Wesena brands.

Equivalents:
Equivalents.xls 17k .xls file

I hope that this explanation eliminated any confusion

Best Regards
Attached Files
File Type: xls Equivalents.xls (16.5 KB, 22 views)

Zygmunt
Perfect Home Theater
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page