I just built a HTPC and having trouble with video playback:
1. Blu-Ray and DVD video stutters with Total Media Theatre 5
2. Blu-Ray/DVD works perfectly with PowerDVD 11.
3. Online video streaming via Netflix or Youtube stutters, tried to switch between HD and non-HD, still the same result.
I have the following hardware running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium:
1. AMD FX 4100 3.6GHZ quad core
2. Asus M5A97 motherboard
3. Sapphire Radeon HD 6570 1 GB DDR3 connected to a Epson 6500UB projector via Denon 2809CI receiver.
4. Corsair XMS3 4 GB 1333MHz PC3-10666 240-pin DDR3
5. Western Digital Caviar Green 2 TB Desktop Hard Drive WD20EARX
6. LG BH12LS38 blu-ray burner
7. Lite-On DVD burner
8. Antec EA-380D Power Supply EA-380D
9. SilverStone LC13B-E HTPC Case
- I have installed the latest graphics drivers from AMD website and latest motherboard drivers from Asus website.
- I have installed the latest silverlight and flash player for both IE and Firefox.
- I turned off all video enhancement settings in Radeon control panel, but the results were the same.
I know that Radeon 6570 is not yet fully supported by TMT, but why is the online video playback so choppy? I also disabled the hardware acceleration in Silverlight and Flash, still the same issue.
Any ideas guys?