Wierd sas problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-09-2012, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I decided to update my server from a phen quad 9550 with 780g chipset.. a sgl 2680 sas which has 8 sata ports and 8 gigs of ram in a norco 4220 case...

Last week I picked up a 3870 and a gigabye ga-a75-d3h with 8 gig of ram. I put this in another case to make sure everything worked well with win 7 64.

I swapped out the components and only have the OS drive installed win boots up fine, shut down install the 2680 restart, install drivers for it ,all good and shut down

Now here is the funky thing with gigabyte motherboards every time you add a drive to the motheboard the bios likes to change the boot order around, fine I'm good with that and was expecting it.. when I went into the bios there was the sgl as the first boot device.. So I changed it to the OS drive save the settings and restart...

Not a chance in hell will it boot into the OS with any drives hooked into the sgl. I've updated the bios on the main board messed with everything I can think of...

The funny thing is I can add the drives if I'm in win7 via hot swapping but when I restart it just sits there saying loading operating system... and be dammed if I going to pull all the trays out every time I restart

I even put the os drive in the sgl and it still does the same thing. Tried all the PCi e slots including the 1x with an 1 x to 16 adapter.. This is how it ran in the other board which is a gigabyte board. I could try the beta bios but there doesn't look like there is much of a change and google isn't helping my search for answers either..

Any help would be much appreciated

ELM_SD

Quality TV = C-Band
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page