few questions from a HTPC newbie - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-11-2012, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Love all you guys. I was hoping you can help me with a few issues.

I have a windows 7 HTPC hooked up to my HDTV via HDMI. I'm using the onboard video and audio. The motherboard is a GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H. The TV is a Panasonic 55" LIFI (sucks).

Question 1:

The audio on my HTPC goes silent for about a second every hour or so. Why is this?

Question 2:

A few years ago I bought a Sony HTCT100 Sound Bar. I did not hear any surround effect at all even after doing my absolute best to calibrate the center and side channels. I stopped using it and just use the TV speakers. I figured the room may have been too big. I have since moved and my living room is a bit smaller. Should I even bother to pull the thing out of my cars trunk and try it another time?

Question 3:

When I first starting using the Windows HTPC, I felt it was a bit blurry. I have gotten accustomed to it. I believe the resolution is set correctly. I had LASIX surgery on my eyes about 2 years ago. I think watching the HTPC is making my vision go bad again. Is this possible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-11-2012, 01:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ker View Post

Love all you guys. I was hoping you can help me with a few issues.

I have a windows 7 HTPC hooked up to my HDTV via HDMI. I'm using the onboard video and audio. The motherboard is a GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H. The TV is a Panasonic 55" LIFI (sucks).

Question 1:

The audio on my HTPC goes silent for about a second every hour or so. Why is this?

Question 2:

A few years ago I bought a Sony HTCT100 Sound Bar. I did not hear any surround effect at all even after doing my absolute best to calibrate the center and side channels. I stopped using it and just use the TV speakers. I figured the room may have been too big. I have since moved and my living room is a bit smaller. Should I even bother to pull the thing out of my cars trunk and try it another time?

Question 3:

When I first starting using the Windows HTPC, I felt it was a bit blurry. I have gotten accustomed to it. I believe the resolution is set correctly. I had LASIX surgery on my eyes about 2 years ago. I think watching the HTPC is making my vision go bad again. Is this possible?

Made me laugh!
post #3 of 5 Old 03-11-2012, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

How did I make you laugh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

Made me laugh!

post #4 of 5 Old 03-11-2012, 05:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Well first that you store extra electronics in your car.

And second because I have never seen or heard of HTPC being blamed for someone's vision changes!
post #5 of 5 Old 03-14-2012, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

I don't store electronics in my car. I was selling it on craigslist and I was going to meet the buyer at work so I put it in the trunk to transport it to work. When the buyers never showed, I didn't bother to pull it out because I wasn't planning on using it. I was going to throw it in the trash or donate it.

I'm not an eye expert or a monitor expert. I was wondering if anyone had any xp with the issue. That's why I posted.

I didn't expect to be laughed at for posting silly questions. Pardon my ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

Well first that you store extra electronics in your car.

And second because I have never seen or heard of HTPC being blamed for someone's vision changes!

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page