Smooth Play & Dropped frames Cured - (kind of) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-16-2012, 05:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi,
Been using shark codec pack for a while and I have the most recent update but always struggled with acheiving smooth playback without dropped frames every few seconds.

Hardware: -
HTPC OS is Win 7 x86 on a Core 2 duo E8400, 4gig RAM @ 3Ghz and an AMD 6770 1TB Graphics card.
The GFX card HDMI outputs to a Sony 7.2 channel 3D AVR which feeds
a 46" Samsung 3D LED capable of 1080P @ 24Hz.
I use Media Browser for exploring / playing my collection.

My back-ups are of DVD or Bluray in a mixture of ISO or MKV. (PAL)

As you can imagine, I have messed about with so many players, settings, codec settings and such its been a mine field and its been going on over about 18 months. My most recent trials have been with the combo of MPC_HC+MADVR+Shark007 codec pack + Reclock

I installed (from the Shark007 Tools link) MPC-HC (including MADVR) in my efforts for smooth playback.
I set up MADVR to change the refresh rate between 23hz or 50hz dependant on source. (desktop is set at the AMD 1080 @ 23hz setting).
My initial testing proved unsucessful so I followed a guide to install & set-up Reclock.
In light of Reclock, I also changed my audio settings from Bitstream to PCM and that actually eliminated some audio drop-outs I was getting but I still had dropped frames. (Reclock tray icon was green)

Since I also have TMT and PDVD I decided to try those with Reclock active.

WOW !! sucess, PDVD 11 with Reclock gives me perfectly smooth Bluray ISO or MKV playback even with DVD on the 24hz desktop res.

Now for the but!!
I really liked the MPC-HC MadVR + Shark007 combo.
Clearly my hardware (and PDVD / Reclock settings) are capable of smooth playback and I watched a bluray ISO last night perfectly all the way through.

What I need are some ideas as to where to look for the problem with MPC-HC/MADVR/Shark codec pack because it bugs me that I could'nt get it to work and I liked the video quality. (mind u, PDVD looked great)
I have not touched the internal/external filiters settings from the MPC-HC with Madvr Shark compiled version.
The codec pack is set-up to use LAV audio (PCM) but dont think I changed any other settings since the new update last week.

Any ideas?
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page