has anyone tried the little dayton dta-100a T amp? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-31-2012, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm not sure if this what this forum is for, but i wanted to have a nice sounding setup for my computer , and instead of just buying the Klipsch or any of the logitechs, i went with this little amp thats about the size of two cigarette packs. I'm running it through a definitive technology 8" powered sub and then to a pair of paradigm mini monitors. let me tell you this little amp is incredible! everytime i look at it, i can't believe how great it sounds and how detailed it is! has anyone else on here messed with any of these little t amps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-01-2012, 08:52 AM

certainly interesting. It's based on the tripath tk2050:

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data...h/mXyzwqtx.pdf

Seems to have gotten lots of good feedback.

There are a few boards on ebay based on this chipset, I've been thinking of a nice diy project to connect to the analog outputs on my motherboard for a good simple 7.1 audio setup. But a couple of the daytons would be easier
post #3 of 6 Old 04-01-2012, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, i didn't expect it to sound so good! Even without the powered definitive sub it's impressive! I added the sub and it's amazing! i put some 200 caps on the paradigms to cut out a little bass and now it's great! It blows away any computer speaker in a box that I've heard!
post #4 of 6 Old 04-02-2012, 12:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I have had one since last summer, and a pair of the Dayton B652 speakers, which were $35/pr. Great bang for the buck, and an awesome computer setup. The only thing I do not like about the amp is the turn on/off pop, both through speakers and headphones.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-02-2012, 04:21 PM

Basically analog-controlled class D amps can be technically very good at low cost and low power.

I played with some when they came out 10 years ago and still have them attached to some good speakers.

However I have moved to active speakers for my main speakers. The correct place to amplify the signal is after the crossovers, not before. I wish more speaker companies put these tripath-type amps inside their active speakers.
However since you are starting out with audio, bear in mind that speakers are most important, also placement and room acoustics; everything else (dac and amp) has much less importance.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-02-2012, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Well i wouldn't say I'm an expert on Audio, but I'm no beginner either. I sold Audio back in the 80's and I've always had a love for high end Audio. This is just a little computer setup that i have, and i only used the caps because the Definitive doesn't have high pass outputs and the paradigms were bottoming out a little when i cranked it to the highest levels without distortion. The caps came from a car audio system i had way back in the 80's! LOL I bought these paradigm Mini Monitors V1 from a guy on craigslist, and i really Like them! I don't have them on my desk top as they are too large. Instead, i have them on some Omni stands. The imaging is great considering the amp is the size of two cigarette packs.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Dayton Audio Dta 100a Class T Digital Mini Amplifier 50 Wpc
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page