Blu-ray and DVD master forced subtitles list - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-03-2012, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anyone know of any sites that have a master list or listing of movies people have ripped to files and their corresponding forced subtitles for foreign language dialogue?

for example when I rip star wars, or the rite there are forced english subtitles that are needed when a different language is spoken, but they aren't always in the "forced subtitles" as Make MKV shows them.

Maybe this is something we should start here if there isn't one.

Or is there possibly an easy way to preview a movie and select the subtitle tracks available one at a time (say as they show up in make mkv) and show it to find the right one manually?

I'm in the process of re-ripping all my blu-rays now since I now have the capability to play HD codecs and have more room on my server so I can leave them uncompressed (video wise)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-03-2012, 07:57 AM
<><
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey,

You can try looking at this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1176923

Don't know if it is being kept updated though.

Take Care
post #3 of 4 Old 04-03-2012, 08:02 AM

Liked: 10
That thread is the best resource I have found as well. It is pretty up-to-date. However it is only what people find so will never be 'complete'.

I used that thread to update all the movies from the list I had, but then I just use mkvmerge to add in subtitle tracks later on (or mark them as forced) as and when I am watching a film and see they are missing. This is irritating I have to admit but is the only solution I have found.

post #4 of 4 Old 04-08-2012, 05:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I figured instead of re-muxing mine I would just re-rip them. Ran in to my First movie I know has forced sub titles, The Day the Earth Stood Still.

In that spread sheet it lists subtitle track 12.... but in MKV Merge it shows a total of 10 Subtitle tracks, each one having a sub-subtitle listing for forced only... which most of the time it never works with the forced only lol.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page