ASUS E350M1-I DELUXE problems with PCIe tuner card - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 04-07-2012, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi!

I'm having some trouble with Terratec Cinergy T PCIe Dual -tuner when used with ASUS E35M1-I DELUXE motherboard.

On my first try with Windows 7 64-bit, I couldn't get past the glowing Windows-logo in startup. I then tried with Ubuntu 10.04, which sees the card but does not have driver support so I had to go back to Windows. Second try with Windows looked good at first: Windows found the tuner card and I installed the driver and software successfully. After that I tried to install AMD Catalyst Drivers and while the installer is "inspecting graphics component" or something like that it crashed. After that I got the same problem with startup and the glowing Windows-logo.

Is it even possible to get that PCIe x 1 -card to work on this mobo? I have tried with 4 different BIOS and tried every combination of the NB-settings.

EDIT: Tuner is not the problem as it works great in my M5A99X EVO -mobo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-07-2012, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Are you installing Windows via the UEFI?

You also might want to look at installing all your drivers in Audi Mode.

Do the chipset drivers FIRST, get the video working properly. Then install the drivers for the TV Tuner. Shut down, install the tuner. Cold Boot, you will re-enter Audi Mode.

Check Device Manager for any Yellow X's

If everything is fine, then finish your windows install.

A. Thomas -
GSN: djfourmoney
'03 SRT-4 12.74@106 in the 1/4
PSN - DJFourMoney
post #3 of 12 Old 04-08-2012, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't quite understand what you mean by Audi mode? I have installed Win 7 from an ordinary USB-thumbdrive. Will try the UEFI-install next.
post #4 of 12 Old 04-08-2012, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Did you remove the card, install Windows and all updates, then install the card - using the latest available drivers from the manufacturer?
post #5 of 12 Old 04-09-2012, 04:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post

Did you remove the card, install Windows and all updates, then install the card - using the latest available drivers from the manufacturer?

Yes, but it didn't help. I think the problem is in the mobo and the way it handles the PCIe slot. When I force NB to use integrated graphics I can boot but the tuner is not discovered by Windows as if the whole slot has been disconnected.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-09-2012, 06:59 AM

You're absolutely right. If you force IGFX, & set the primary video device to IGFX, the board will disable the PCIe slot. Try this; set the primary video device to PCIe. Then set the IGFX to auto. This will turn on the PCIe slot and make it available. When the board doesn't find a graphics card it will jump to the IGFX while leaving the PCIe slot active.

I have the same board. There was some debate about this on hardforum and on the asus forums. This is the procedure I went through to use a wireless nic in the slot. Others have used ceton tuners in it as well this way.

Go into C:\\Program Files (x86)\\common files\\Terratec and copy the folder "Cinergy_T_PCIe_Dual" to the desktop.

Delete & uninstall all programs for the tuner. Make sure windows update is set to never check for updates. You want manual control over this. You want to make sure that windows update isn't installing a driver for the tuner. (I had this problem with an HD750, it borked it every time) Go into device manager, find the tuner & delete the driver. Reboot. Windows should find the tuner but no driver. Go into device manager & locate the tuner. Open the properties, click update driver. Point windows to the folder "Cinergy_T_PCIe_Dual" on your desktop. It should install the driver with no other tuner software. Then reboot.

Let us know if it works.
post #7 of 12 Old 04-09-2012, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. I'd try that but I can't boot to Windows when PCIe is set to primary and the tuner is plugged in. What BIOS version are you using? I'm using the newest that can be found at ASUS website (1308).
post #8 of 12 Old 04-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member

Configure NB in BIOS like this:

IGFX Multi-Monitor - Enabled
Primary Video Device - IGFX Video
Integrated graphics - Force

Let us know how it goes.

BT

Just remember, to the MPAA "We're all guilty until..............."
post #9 of 12 Old 04-09-2012, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the help, but it still freezes at the Windows-logo

EDIT: By the way, I tried this and got a little bit forward:

I deleted AMD's Catalyst drivers. After that I'm able to boot to Windows. I can see both devices in device manager: VGA-card (Integrated AMD HD6310) and a multimedia device (the tuner). If I try to install drivers to the AMD-card or the tuner card, the computer freezes mid-install.
post #10 of 12 Old 04-09-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patonki View Post

Thanks for the help. I'd try that but I can't boot to Windows when PCIe is set to primary and the tuner is plugged in. What BIOS version are you using? I'm using the newest that can be found at ASUS website (1308).

The latest one, 1308. I was using 1202 when I did it the last time though.
Start working your way back on the Catalyst drivers. If it was me I would start at Catalyst 11.9.

Does windows update have a tuner driver that it asks you to install?
post #11 of 12 Old 04-09-2012, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikiman1 View Post

The latest one, 1308. I was using 1202 when I did it the last time though.
Start working your way back on the Catalyst drivers. If it was me I would start at Catalyst 11.9.

Does windows update have a tuner driver that it asks you to install?

No, Windows update does not try to install any drivers for the tuner. Tuner shows up in the device manager as an unidentified device when no driver is installed for it. If I install the driver I can still boot to Windows as the device is not set to use that driver automatically. When I use the device manager to set the driver, computer freezes.
post #12 of 12 Old 04-10-2012, 06:04 AM
Advanced Member

If it's hanging, then it knows the card is there. In the Asus manual, it mentions to setup the BIOS and set IRQs when installing a PCIe card. It could be an IRQ conflict. However, many claim that IRQ conflicts do not exist in Win 7. Oh Well......

You might have to try another card.

BT

Just remember, to the MPAA "We're all guilty until..............."
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page