How can intel HD graphics output DVI mode signal via HDMI-to-HDMI connection ??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-16-2012, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There is some issues about the text sharpness(not overscanning) and color rendition on my TV when connect with laptop via HDMI-HDMI. It's maybe a kind of optimization of TV inside image Processing but not good in all case especially in text display. I've tried to adjust fuctions in OSD of TV even in factory mode,didn't get any better.

Then I connected TV with my desktop pc via HDMI-HDMI(nVIDIA display adapter) and result in the same issue. But after I disabled the HDMI audio output in driver control panel of nVIDIA,It all changed.The input mode TV showed switch "HDMI in" to "DVI in",The TV picture becomed as normal as monitors and of course looked wonderful.

But it would return to HDMI mode every time after my reboot. Then I tried to make and install an *inf file for TV as TV driver(like someone who suffered from the same issue did). The *inf file contained the modified EDID(to disable the HDMI EDID extensional block) of TV to cheat the display adapter as not a HDMI device. No doubt it worked on my nVIDIA card but not on my laptop of SNB(HD Graphics ignored the TV driver created by that inf ?).

Thus I need another way of HD graphics in SNB to output DVI mode singal via HDMI-HDMI connection. Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-16-2012, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

PS: It's previous LCD TV in 2009, It does support HDMI input but is lack of support HDMI comes from PC. Thus there is no such switch as disabling inside pre-proccessing in OSD of TV but will automatically disable when DVI mode signal comes into HDMI port.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-17-2012, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Many TVs process HDMI signals as consumer electronics device outputs (Cable box, DVD player, etc.) and not as PC outputs so they don't properly interpret the PC signal your PC outputs. Some TVs do support PC OVER HDMI and that is what you need to look for in your next TV purchase.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-18-2012, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

You are right. But nVIDIA graphics is able to switch HDMI to DVI mode by loading custom *inf of TV.

If only I would buy the laptop with nVIDIA display adapter only rather than with this stupid intel Integrated Graphics(take control of HDMI) + nVidia.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page