Has the ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT motherboard been discontinued? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 04-16-2012, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Has the ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT motherboard been discontinued? I can't find anyone who has it in stock. What is a good alternative?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-16-2012, 05:48 PM
drb

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When I ordered the ASRock H67M-ITX/HT the Z68 was out of stock at Newegg. The H67 was DOA so I RMA'd back to egg and ordered the Z68 cause it was back in stock and I was a little afraid seeing how many of the H67 were DOA according to the reviews. As soon as I ordered the Z68 they went out of stock. The H67 seem like a good enough board or a HTPC if you are willing to take a chance on a DOA.

DRB

I WANT MY HDTV
post #3 of 9 Old 04-16-2012, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by drb View Post

When I ordered the ASRock H67M-ITX/HT the Z68 was out of stock at Newegg. The H67 was DOA so I RMA'd back to egg and ordered the Z68 cause it was back in stock and I was a little afraid seeing how many of the H67 were DOA according to the reviews. As soon as I ordered the Z68 they went out of stock. The H67 seem like a good enough board or a HTPC if you are willing to take a chance on a DOA.

DRB

It seems in general, the mini-ITX H61/67/etc. boards are getting harder to find. I wonder if they're not making them any longer because the *77 boards are coming out.

How is the Z68 treating you?

post #4 of 9 Old 04-16-2012, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got one of the Intel DH77DF boards, and so far I'm very happy with it. It's not really missing anything except for built-in wifi, but that could be added with the mini-pcie connector it has on-board. It even has Firewire (rear port and second header on the board), which is amazingly hard to come by on mini-itx these days! Intel ethernet chip too which is nice. The power connector is kinda poorly placed for my current Morex case (fan is right up against it), but I was planning on getting a Wesena case soon anyway... The whole thing with G530 cpu only uses about 25W when streaming Netflix (4GB ram, one SSD drive).
post #5 of 9 Old 04-16-2012, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by StardogChampion View Post

It seems in general, the mini-ITX H61/67/etc. boards are getting harder to find. I wonder if they're not making them any longer because the *77 boards are coming out.

I think this may be the case. My friend has an older PC and one of his RAM slots on the mobo died, so we were looking for a new one and we had trouble finding just a standard ATX one, impossible to find one that could support dual SLI graphic cards. They are all micro-ATX now.

So our other option was replacing his 4x1 gig RAM sticks, which was now 3 thanks to the dead slot, with 2x2 gig RAM sticks. The cheapest DDR2 800 mHz memory he found was $50-$60! He didn't want to upgrade his entire system but it's crazy how some inferior products are more expensive now than the latest and greatest.
post #6 of 9 Old 04-16-2012, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

I really like the specs on the ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT, plus it came with a remote which, when added to the cost of a H61 or H67 board made it close in price (plus I prefer the Z68 chipset). Only other Z68 ITX motherboards I can find locally are Zotac, but they're quite expensive.

post #7 of 9 Old 04-16-2012, 08:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesawi View Post

Has the ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT motherboard been discontinued? I can't find anyone who has it in stock. What is a good alternative?

It's still alive.

I would go Asus if you can't go Asrock. It's probably the best board overall.

Or- The newer Z77 is updating from Z68. Those are at NewEgg.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #8 of 9 Old 04-16-2012, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

It's still alive.

I would go Asus if you can't go Asrock. It's probably the best board overall.

Or- The newer Z77 is updating from Z68. Those are at NewEgg.

Unfortunately the Z77 ITX boards haven't made it down to Australia yet. Given it's for a bedroom PC, a H61 board would probably be more than enough anyway.

post #9 of 9 Old 04-16-2012, 08:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesawi View Post

Unfortunately the Z77 ITX boards haven't made it down to Australia yet. Given it's for a bedroom PC, a H61 board would probably be more than enough anyway.

Yup.

I have a few of the H61's from Asrock and they are quite good.

I plan to get a Z68 or Z77 next though... since I have some 1600mhz RIPJAWZ I want to use to full speed.

Z68 is faster than H61 mainly because of the memory clock speed.

1600mhz > 1066mhz.

For HTPC you won't notice much difference. I have that same CPU in a Asrock H61 USB3.0 Sata 6G board and it works great.

Z68 certainly has nice features over H61- but its a $20 premium. I doubt you need the RAID, the faster memory clock , the overlocking headroom, or any of the other stuff.

H61 is fine for HTPC.

I have a Z68 for my main machine on i7. It's really not a big deal. I use the G630 with H61 all the time and barely notice any difference. (well there is a difference, but the H61 is still surprisingly excellent)

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page