Panasonic P50GT25 accepts 1080i from PC, but not 1080P?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-18-2012, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I use my TV as a secondary display so I can use XBMC off my computer on it. Problem is, my TV won't accept 1080p signals from the TV, but it does from everything else? Here's my setup:

PC > DVI input > DVI to HDMI cable adaptor > Onkyo reciever > Panasonic TV

Anytime on my computer I change the HZ from 30 to 60, it gives me a blank display on my TV. Won't I don't understand is that my PC is sending a 1080p signal to my primary display, my LCD monitor, my Onkyo reciever is capable of inputting and outputting 1080p, and my Panasonic P50GT25 is capable of taking in 1080p content obviously.

So, what's the problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-18-2012, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by -89- View Post

I use my TV as a secondary display so I can use XBMC off my computer on it. Problem is, my TV won't accept 1080p signals from the TV, but it does from everything else? Here's my setup:

Anytime on my computer I change the HZ from 30 to 60, it gives me a blank display on my TV. Won't I don't understand is that my PC is sending a 1080p signal to my primary display, my LCD monitor, my Onkyo reciever is capable of inputting and outputting 1080p, and my Panasonic P50GT25 is capable of taking in 1080p content obviously.

So, what's the problem?

Does it work if you hook the TV directly to the PC? Have you tried upgrading your video card and video drivers? Also what video card are you using? Lastly, are you sure that TV supports 1080p via HDMI? I went through the manual and it said 1080p. but did not specify how.

Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation
post #3 of 6 Old 04-18-2012, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Everything is up to date. A bit of an update, if I set it to 24p 1080p, it works and displays at 1080p. But, I'd like for my refresh rate to be higher than that, as menus on XBMC aren't smooth anymore. I tried 50 Hz (PAL) and that doesn't work.
post #4 of 6 Old 04-19-2012, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, it has something to do with my receiver I think. Onkyo TX-SR606. Like I said, 24 Hz 1080p works, but anything above that doesn't. 30 Hz is 1080i.

This really sucks, because everything looks great on 24 Hz 1080p, but then when I turn on an SD TV show, it lags horrible because of the refresh rate.

How can I get 60 Hz 1080p to work? I have to go through the receiver so I can get HD audio.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-19-2012, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

Ok, it has something to do with my receiver I think. Onkyo TX-SR606. Like I said, 24 Hz 1080p works, but anything above that doesn't. 30 Hz is 1080i.

This really sucks, because everything looks great on 24 Hz 1080p, but then when I turn on an SD TV show, it lags horrible because of the refresh rate.

How can I get 60 Hz 1080p to work? I have to go through the receiver so I can get HD audio.

You are ******. Receivers, so far as I know, generally don't handle PC signals over HDMI properly just as older HDTVs do not. You can try a custom video output configuration through your GPU control panel but that still might not work at all.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-19-2012, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

I use my TV as a secondary display so I can use XBMC off my computer on it.
So, what's the problem?

Have you tried using your TV with the HDMI output of your video card rather than the DVI?
I believe your problem might be with dual display setup.
Disconnect your monitor and connect your AVR and TV to the HDMI out and see if it works.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page