Looking for Beta Testers / Designers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-22-2012, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for Beta Testers / Designers program and I am going into beta. (And some possibly alpha.) I am a single programmer without an entire company to work with so I was looking for advice. I need to find beta testers for the program but I have no idea where to find them. Where exactly would I look? Are there forums specifically for them?

Secondly, I am programmer, not an artist. Can anyone recommend a site for background designs to be released with my software? The end user can use any background image and color combo they wish but I need to release the program with some.

Here's some vids of the program as it stands so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwJXAmLgXog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_9up2xhvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa-jiB-pWEw

I won't post any more, I'm not trying to sell it, just brag, lol.

Anyway, I apologize if this would be the wrong forum to post. If you have any info, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-22-2012, 10:33 PM

Liked: 17
If you need a beta tester i'm your man!
post #3 of 5 Old 04-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Advanced Member

Location: CHI, CLD, PAR, PHX, PDX, NKC, AUK, MEL, SYD, BUE, SCL
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Provide a description of the software. Don't rely on YouTube entirely. Ask a moderator to change the thread title to something more specific. You will need a tech writer too.

Former Top 1000 Amazon reviewer bemoaning the loss of objective user reviews. Amazon, stop your complacency!
post #4 of 5 Old 04-23-2012, 06:38 AM

Liked: 13
There isn't a problem with reinventing the wheel. As a developer myself, I know I have done it multiple times before. But usually when I've done it it's because there wasn't a free alternative, or previous wheels didn't roll the way that I needed it, or they just didn't work. But if there were already multiple wheels that were highly configurable, had plugins, etc and were already mature, why not use them? Or contribute to those projects?

What will make YOUR media center better or set it apart from WMC, XBMC, JRiver, etc?
post #5 of 5 Old 04-23-2012, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I'm not using YouTube to get it out there. In fact, those videos posted are private.

As for how is my htpc program different? We'll, many programs out there say they are for the everyday user but require hours to set up and a masters degree to use. Or they bombard you with so much information, the standard user gets overwhelmed. When I want to sit down and watch a movie or play a game, I want simplicity. I designed the program strictly for myself but over the years, it has become releasable.

Additionally, for developers, the plugin system is so amazingly simple any program can be easily modified to work as a plugin. Hopefully it goes somewhere.

For now, I have videos, audio, emulation, weather, Netflix, Facebook and internet. It works as the ultimate front end, using your already perfectly configured programs. If you like vlc, use it, mpc, fine. I know I cannot create media players better than what is already out there, nor do I want to. You don't need ANOTHER program to set up when your system is already working perfectly.

Well, until I get the website up and running, if you want to beta, email me with your computer specs (os, CPU, ram) and what you use it for (music, movies, etc.) at MyMediaCenterInfo@Gmail.com. Or if you have some awesome artwork you want to be released with it to be used as backgrounds, please submit them to the same address.

Thanks for the advice! Any other? Maybe even ideas for features you would love to see?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page