Resolution - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-23-2012, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I know there are posts out there and I've read some, but just doesn't seem like my issue is the same. First off, when I first built the HTPC, I don't think I was getting this issue.

What I get is when I power on the TV, HTPC, and receiver via a Harmony 890 lately when it goes into MC the TV resolution displays 1024x768. If I minimize MC and then maximize, it will go back to 1920x1080. This is happening probably 90% of the time now. Doesn't seem to make a difference if the HTPC is sleeping or awake. So not sure if this is same issues others have, just different outcome, but frustrating, especially as the kids and wife don't want to deal with it and usually just leave until I come in and see they aren't utilizing the entire screen real estate.

Obviously some update has changed a setting somewhere. I haven't checked recently, but did have CEC off because the Harmony didn't like it on. TV is Vizio xvt3d554sv and Receiver is Pioneer VSX-31. HTPC has an i3 processor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-27-2012, 03:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Still looking for a solution. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
post #3 of 4 Old 04-27-2012, 05:58 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1991 View Post

Still looking for a solution. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I had similar problems with an older Nvidia setup, and only got it fixed by making sure I had the latest drivers and BIOS. You really need both, though. Eventually I went to an AMD Llano setup and that worked out of the box.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-27-2012, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Never thought about the BIOS being an issue. I'll try and look at it tonight to see if I have the latest and greatest. I thought I was up to date on the Intel driver, but will check again.

If it had done it all the time from the beginning, I'd say it to be an HDMI issue, but before it would only happen every once in a while. That is what is throwing me off, I can't remember if I had updated the Intel video driver and then it started or if it was doing it before that. I tried updating the driver to figure out this, stuttering for lack of a better word, issue on the top third of my screen during sports, so maybe that is the issue. Maybe a rollback?
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page