Great *small* rack for HTPC + other gear? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-30-2012, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

Any recommendation for a good rack? I'd like to get a 1U case for my HTPC, a 1U case for my storage server, and somehow rack some of my other components. I'd like a rack that provides some routing for the power cables and stuff to keep things organized. Any suggestions? I'm looking for something that's only a few feet tall. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungarianhc View Post

Hi All,

Any recommendation for a good rack? I'd like to get a 1U case for my HTPC, a 1U case for my storage server, and somehow rack some of my other components. I'd like a rack that provides some routing for the power cables and stuff to keep things organized. Any suggestions? I'm looking for something that's only a few feet tall. Thanks!

I can't help you out with specific 1U cases, but I have been using OSP for small HTPC server rack. They run from 3U up and usually have rails front and back. I'm running a 14U for the Family Room HTPC, and snagged it off Ebay. BTW, either buy a set of 3 inch wheels off Amazon or your local hardware store. It's a royal PITA to move a loaded 2 foot tall case without them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OSP-14-Space...item5ae66222bd

For wire management, pick up a dozen 1 inch plastic loops and use a rack screw to attach each to the back rail. All your wires (obviously) go through the loops.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page