post #1 of 4 Old 05-03-2012, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nvidia GTX 480
Denon AVR-1911
Windows 7 64bit

After I power off the receiver then turn it back on windows audio devices show it as "not plugged in". I have to either reboot the HTPC or unplug and reconnect the HDMI to restore it. I'm using the latest Nvidia beta driver.

Anyone have suggestions on how to fix this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-03-2012, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

I tried using Moninfo to do this:

Quote:

. Disconnect the receiver, and connect directly to the TV with HDMI. Reboot.
2. Run Moninfo, click on your TV manufacturer's name, and click File->Create INF and save it as DISPLAY.inf
3. Reconnect the PC to the receiver and the receiver to the TV. Reboot.
4. Run Moninfo again, click on the receiver entry and click File->Merge extension bloc with INF and merge it into DISPLAY.inf that you just created.
5. Go to Device Manager, select your display and manually update the driver with your new INF. Reboot.

Everything works as it did before the new .inf but I still get the same behavior if I turn the AVR off and back on again. Still requires a reboot of the PC or replug of the HDMI to get audio.

edit: Figured out another way to get it going again is to disable then re-enable the digital audio under the nvidia control panel. I would really like a better solution though..
post #3 of 4 Old 05-07-2012, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone?
post #4 of 4 Old 05-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
I have a Denon 1910, GTX-460 and Win7 32. Randomly, after switching the monitor configuration or power cycling the AVR, Windows will drop the GTX as an audio device – it does not show up at all under the Sound Control Panel. I can only fix with a re-boot.

This sounds a little different than your un-plugged issue, but maybe related. It is fairly annoying. No idea on any other solution.

I also have a ton of issues switching the monitor configuration when using the projector/tv driven through the AVR with the GTX-460. I usually have to power cycle the AVR, switch the monitor configuration, then power cycle again to get the change to take.

I just swapped out my GTX-460 to RMA it – one of the DVI ports went bad. My GTX-9800+ has no switching issues at all in the exact same setup. I wonder if this is a driver issue or a the way the design is implemented by different manufactures – the 9800 is a PNY card and the 460 is made by Sparkle.

Anyone else have any feedback on specific 4 series cards and how well they play with AVR switching?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page