post #31 of 33 Old 05-15-2012, 06:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDiesel14 View Post

What's a good card in Nvidia's GT 440 line? Or for HTPC purposes with some MadVR would the 430 be enough? After dealing with Intel's crap drivers I'm looking for some stability.

Intel drivers are not crap.. but if you want an Nvidia card I suppose any GT440 would be a fine choice.

There is a more limited amount of card MFG for the Nvidia stuff it seems, not sure if one brand vs another would matter much. Asus is generally a brand I trust for other components.. so that might be a good choice.

Personally I have trouble spending up on an Nvidia when I know the AMD stuff performs higher. But if your not a gamer and looking for ultra critical viewing, 24p bug mods and all the crazy stuff I don't bother with I suppose Nvidia has a place. It's a much better card for HTPC than it is in general or for gaming IMO.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 05-15-2012, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

Intel drivers are not crap.. but if you want an Nvidia card I suppose any GT440 would be a fine choice.

There is a more limited amount of card MFG for the Nvidia stuff it seems, not sure if one brand vs another would matter much. Asus is generally a brand I trust for other components.. so that might be a good choice.

Personally I have trouble spending up on an Nvidia when I know the AMD stuff performs higher. But if your not a gamer and looking for ultra critical viewing, 24p bug mods and all the crazy stuff I don't bother with I suppose Nvidia has a place. It's a much better card for HTPC than it is in general or for gaming IMO.

Ever since I switched plugging my HTPC into my TV into my Denon 1712 they have been. And even then I realized that my HTPC was stuck at 16-235 and not 0-255 when it was plugged into my TV, although that hasn't changed in the Denon, and now my IT Content won't change either. Honestly, I just spent way too much time with it and am looking for a fresh start.

I'm just much more familiar with Nvidia, although what would be a comparable AMD card?
post #33 of 33 Old 05-15-2012, 07:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdiesel14 View Post

ever since i switched plugging my htpc into my tv into my denon 1712 they have been. And even then i realized that my htpc was stuck at 16-235 and not 0-255 when it was plugged into my tv, although that hasn't changed in the denon, and now my it content won't change either. Honestly, i just spent way too much time with it and am looking for a fresh start.

I'm just much more familiar with nvidia, although what would be a comparable amd card?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page