- Could be an HDMI handshake issue. test to see if the sound even makes it back to your TV. If not, the RCA cables to your receiver aren't the issue - it's the wake up and re-handshake that is. Solution could be a number of things: firmware update, BIOS update, or worst case, crummy HDMI compatibility (It's been known to happen with certain TV's / Mobo's).
- Check the soundcard settings. There might be toggles that "simplify" the audio.
- If all else fails, reprogram the harmony to not power off the MC, and keep it running 24/7. That's what I do, as I too had sleep / wake issues that seriously lowered the WAF rating.
- Hmm, my only suggestion is to try the other comcast channel lineup again. IIRC, the guide takes a while to populate, so once you switch, allow a few hours to pass before you write it off as incorrect.
- If still wrong, I believe you can contact MSFT or Zap2It with a support ticket.
Good luck. I setup my HTPC last July, and to this day still encounter bugs or make tweaks almost weekly. Some bigger than others, and some from implementing new features. Point is, for better or worse, WMC is never just 'set'. But that's all part of the fun, isn't it.