Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 06-13-2012, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

How long have you tested it now? I've had "other solutions" that worked for a few days only to have the resolution change rear it's ugly head again.
Did you put it between the HDTV (sync) and the AVR (source) or between the HTPC (source) and the AVR (sync)?
Thanks.

Mine is going on 2 weeks solid. My HDMI detective is between the HTPC (source) and the AVR (sync).

Make sure you dont do what i did, I programed it from the TV and it should have been programed from the AVR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 06-13-2012, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 168
I thought you wanted to learn the EDID of the HDTV to lock the resolution. This solves the resolution issue where if you minimize WMC and then maximize it, it comes back at 1920x1080?

post #33 of 38 Old 06-14-2012, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Exactly what i thought. But if you look at the picture below of my HTPC when it was programed to the EDID of the TV there were no encoded formats found.
So when the HDMI detective is programed to the AVR and not the TV, then all my encoded formats were shown (DTS-HD, TRUEHD...etc)

This solves the resolution issue where if you minimize WMC and then maximize it, it comes back at 1920x1080?
Yes, i always had to minimize to get 1920x1080 back. I have not had an issue since.

This picture shows my HDMI Detective programed to the TV and not the AVR. As you see, no encoded formats. It SHOULD be programed to the AVR, and the formats will show.
htpc-1.jpg
post #34 of 38 Old 06-14-2012, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

This start up sequence in my H 900 seems to be working:

I know this is the third time I posted this but thought I should put it in all relative threads as there's at least two threads discussing this resolution change issue. This worked at least 10 times successivelly and again this morning after a 6 hour shutdown.

What this does is give time for HDMI sync to occur with a couple 5 second remote pauses and closes WMC (alt F4) and then loads it again in LiveTV. This replicates what I've been doing manually, although I minimize/maximize WMC and this closes it and opens it.

post #35 of 38 Old 06-14-2012, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uthijacker View Post

Exactly what i thought. But if you look at the picture below of my HTPC when it was programed to the EDID of the TV there were no encoded formats found.
So when the HDMI detective is programed to the AVR and not the TV, then all my encoded formats were shown (DTS-HD, TRUEHD...etc)
This solves the resolution issue where if you minimize WMC and then maximize it, it comes back at 1920x1080?
Yes, i always had to minimize to get 1920x1080 back. I have not had an issue since.
This picture shows my HDMI Detective programed to the TV and not the AVR. As you see, no encoded formats. It SHOULD be programed to the AVR, and the formats will show.
[

So do you have the HDMI connected from the HTPC to the TV or AVR? When I go to that screen I see my AVR not my TV.

post #36 of 38 Old 06-15-2012, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Just wanted to add that I changed the Media Center PC2 to go to the MCE Startpage because if Windows Media Center was not already open, Alt F4 brings a pop up to shut down the computer. Although the original sequence was working, this new sequence removes the possibility that the computer will shut down when starting the Activity. Not that it won't due to some other reason but at least not due to the start up sequence programmed into the H 900.
Other than that this start up sequence is working well.

post #37 of 38 Old 06-16-2012, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

How long have you tested it now? I've had "other solutions" that worked for a few days only to have the resolution change rear it's ugly head again.
Did you put it between the HDTV (sync) and the AVR (source) or between the HTPC (source) and the AVR (sync)?
Thanks.

3.5 weeks. Two of those I was out of town and my parents (70s) were down watching our 4 year old. The used my HTPC setup without any issues! I consider that a big success biggrin.gif

xnappo
post #38 of 38 Old 06-16-2012, 03:38 PM

Liked: 26
7 months with the Detective Plus for me. I only wish this would have been the first method I tried.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page