post #31 of 36 Old 05-22-2012, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott View Post

Still think it is strange that sometimes when I press RESET or tell the the system to RESTART, the PSU powers down and I can not restart it unless I unplug it.

I'm starting to think the ram could be under volted. Check your bios and see if it truly is at 1.5 volts. If it is then go to the power status and see if it is putting out the true voltage. Check the timings and make sure to set it as advertised on the ram. Most times the mobo will not default to ram timings as listed and may have to manually adjust it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandbeth View Post

I know this sounds wierd, but how conductive was that dead bee? Enough to essentially make it a resistor? You probably just tossed it but if the problem goes away, you MIGHT want to check around the case to see how it got in, and then block it. I have a few computers in the observatory, and use the black foam from Home Depot sold for Air Conditioner filters.

Think of the bee as a conductive bridge to chassis ground, it was walking got zapped by voltage and died right there with it's little feet acting like six grounds..

Quote:

You've found the real reason behind Colony Collapse Disorder -- motherboards. Monsanto will reward you for this info.

Monsanto a (Sacch) religious word indeed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 05-23-2012, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Just an update....Still running from my post of 05-20-12, 10:44 AM ET.

So far so good. Which is real good as I do not need to deal with this while dealing with the new coming AVS site.

So...Well...I hope we continue to run.

Thanks again to all.

David Bott
Founder - AVSForum

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged...:)

post #33 of 36 Old 05-24-2012, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott View Post

Just an update....Still running from my post of 05-20-12, 10:44 AM ET.

So far so good. Which is real good as I do not need to deal with this while dealing with the new coming AVS site.

So...Well...I hope we continue to run.

Thanks again to all.

Thanks for the update David, you got me thinking about my towers. I haven't blown out both systems in a while, guess it's time to do some spring cleaning.
post #34 of 36 Old 05-24-2012, 02:35 PM

Liked: 10
Interesting problem, I had a similar one a while back. Turns out it was a problem with running the memory in dual channel mode (memtest didn't find any problems, but as soon as I was in an os and started using it, i'd have random hard lock-ups, no proper power downs, etc.). Sounds like you might've fixed it, though.
post #35 of 36 Old 06-10-2012, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Just an update....STILL GOING!!!! So...well...YEAH!!!!! I think I am good.

Thank you all again.

David Bott
Founder - AVSForum

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged...:)

post #36 of 36 Old 06-10-2012, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

David, congrats on the new platform hope it makes you a lot of money. I actually like the new nav switch's makes things a little easier and understand it's still a cookie cutter but I know you guys are working on filling up the holes. OMG! my workstaion was cluttered with dust, my CPU HS was stuffed with serious dust clogs. In a way thanks to David's problem, and I'm glad he got it fixed. Without that post I would have let it go for who knows how long and may have ended up shorting something out. Got to remember to do blow outs every 6 months I'm usually pretty good about things like that but this was the worst I've ever seen due to my neglect!
Have a great weekend!
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page