new AVR with older HTPC and now no video at all - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 43 Old 05-30-2012, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
no luck on the order of turning the equipment on or even trying the remaining 3 HDMI inputs on the back of the AVR.

just doesnt make any sense to me and i really dont see how a pci graphics card will act any differently than the onboard HDMI....someone out there must know the answer to the issue here:

hdmi from htpc to tv = perfect video

introduce AVR between tv and htpc = NO video...there must be some setting in windows or my hk 1650 avr that are not communicating properly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 Old 05-30-2012, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobin10 View Post

this is exactly what i will probably end up doing if upgrading the the HD6450 still produces no video through the AVR. Hopefully there isnt an issue using the DVI out for video and using HDMI out for just audio into the AVR. Thank goodness I have a HDMI to DVI cable and such much for eliminating cable clutter! haha

I have used this solution even when I wasn't having problems with a second rig because I could turn off the display and keep the music playing.
post #33 of 43 Old 05-30-2012, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:

no luck on the order of turning the equipment on or even trying the remaining 3 HDMI inputs on the back of the AVR.

just doesnt make any sense to me and i really dont see how a pci graphics card will act any differently than the onboard HDMI....someone out there must know the answer to the issue here:

hdmi from htpc to tv = perfect video

introduce AVR between tv and htpc = NO video...there must be some setting in windows or my hk 1650 avr that are not communicating properly

All of your equipment's firmware is up to date?
post #34 of 43 Old 05-30-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post

I have used this solution even when I wasn't having problems with a second rig because I could turn off the display and keep the music playing.

Why do you need that? Mine goes all via HDMI HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV and I can turn off the display and keep the music playing.
post #35 of 43 Old 05-30-2012, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post

you were still able to get audio to play from the htpc such as hd audio from a bluray even though the video isnt going through the hdmi and just audio is?
post #36 of 43 Old 05-30-2012, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zon2020 View Post

Why do you need that? Mine goes all via HDMI HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV and I can turn off the display and keep the music playing.

this is my exact problem that i need answers to....when the AVR is the middle link no video gets displayed on the tv
post #37 of 43 Old 05-30-2012, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

video drivers for my mobo are up to date but i am not sure how to update the firmware via usb on my avr....cant even find the firmware to put on my usb stick
post #38 of 43 Old 05-30-2012, 07:44 PM

Liked: 13
I just solved my issue with HDMI handshaking by blocking pin 19 on the HDMI cable (the one for the computer). It is the "detect display" pin and causes a lot of problems in Windows since Windows shuts down the HDMI if it detects a display was turned off, probably not your problem though since you dont even get video after restart.

You can try that, just put tape over the pin like this (cut a thin strip then put it inside, electrical, masking, and scotch tape should work) http://postimage.org/image/2g8p5dwdg/

Cover only that one pin in the picture (just one side is fine) then restart and see if that works, if not then go into the multiple displays part of the Nvidia control panel, click "my display is not shown" then do a force detect or whatever it says. Then restart again. You may have to use the DVI to the tv to do that.
post #39 of 43 Old 05-31-2012, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by idividebyzero View Post

I just solved my issue with HDMI handshaking by blocking pin 19 on the HDMI cable (the one for the computer). It is the "detect display" pin and causes a lot of problems in Windows since Windows shuts down the HDMI if it detects a display was turned off, probably not your problem though since you dont even get video after restart.

You can try that, just put tape over the pin like this (cut a thin strip then put it inside, electrical, masking, and scotch tape should work) http://postimage.org/image/2g8p5dwdg/

Cover only that one pin in the picture (just one side is fine) then restart and see if that works, if not then go into the multiple displays part of the Nvidia control panel, click "my display is not shown" then do a force detect or whatever it says. Then restart again. You may have to use the DVI to the tv to do that.

i might have to give this a try if the new graphics card doesnt fix things
post #40 of 43 Old 05-31-2012, 04:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 81
What is the native resolution of your TV?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
post #41 of 43 Old 05-31-2012, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

What is the native resolution of your TV?

thats a good question....i am going to guess that the native resolution is 1920x1080? please correct me if i am wrong

The TV is a panasonic TCP54G10
post #42 of 43 Old 05-31-2012, 06:49 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:

thats a good question....i am going to guess that the native resolution is 1920x1080? please correct me if i am wrong

The TV is a panasonic TCP54G10

Yes, that's correct (just checked the manual), so it looks like a specific problem of handshaking. Well, other than getting a discrete graphic card you could try separate connections (DVI-HDMI and HDMI) to the TV and AVR.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
post #43 of 43 Old 05-31-2012, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Yes, that's correct (just checked the manual), so it looks like a specific problem of handshaking. Well, other than getting a discrete graphic card you could try separate connections (DVI-HDMI and HDMI) to the TV and AVR.

dedicated card should arrive tomorrow!
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page