Are You Looking For A Less Expensive Norco 4220 / 4224 Alternative? - Page 81 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #2401 of 2406 Old 06-13-2015, 04:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Sadder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanhdtv View Post
Contact Tam Solutions, I had one fail and they were able to send me a replacement. Supermicro will not fit.

Glenn
I did, they are out, they did say the supermicro should fit, but i really can't waste 100 bucks to buy one and find out, i have two aic chassis bolted together that are about to land in the garbage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2402 of 2406 Old 06-13-2015, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtt485 View Post
I did, they are out, they did say the supermicro should fit, but i really can't waste 100 bucks to buy one and find out, i have two aic chassis bolted together that are about to land in the garbage.
Each Sata board in the AIC backplane only controls 4 drives. Since you have two bolted together, that"s a total of 12 boards. Are you saying that all 12 are not working? I find that hard to believe unless you shorted out the entire system somehow? If only one of the 12 is not working, move it to the bottom of the stack and you still have an array of 44 drives, with better airflow since no drives are on the bottom of the combined chassis.
post #2403 of 2406 Old 06-13-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Each Sata board in the AIC backplane only controls 4 drives. Since you have two bolted together, that"s a total of 12 boards. Are you saying that all 12 are not working? I find that hard to believe unless you shorted out the entire system somehow? If only one of the 12 is not working, move it to the bottom of the stack and you still have an array of 44 drives, with better airflow since no drives are on the bottom of the combined chassis.
Not all of them are shorted, but the Sata Connectors no longer hold a steady connection and they started dropping drives randomly, reseating the drives would bring them back online, but this causes huge issues with Raid, as for airflow i have 8 140mm fans for my fanwall with a 240mm on top behind the fanwall and 2 more 140mm on the back wall. I was pulling an INSANE amount of air over the drives.
post #2404 of 2406 Old 06-13-2015, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtt485 View Post
Not all of them are shorted, but the Sata Connectors no longer hold a steady connection and they started dropping drives randomly, reseating the drives would bring them back online, but this causes huge issues with Raid, as for airflow i have 8 140mm fans for my fanwall with a 240mm on top behind the fanwall and 2 more 140mm on the back wall. I was pulling an INSANE amount of air over the drives.
Sorry hear you have that many issues. The AIC chassis were a great deal from Tam's, if you have less than 6 bad boards of the 12 installed, perhaps you can pick up another chassis when they come available to use for parts so that you won't have to scrap the 48 drive monster!
post #2405 of 2406 Old 06-14-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Sorry hear you have that many issues. The AIC chassis were a great deal from Tam's, if you have less than 6 bad boards of the 12 installed, perhaps you can pick up another chassis when they come available to use for parts so that you won't have to scrap the 48 drive monster!
I am actually going to keep it and use it sans Back Plane ill just direct connect to drives, no backplane should improve airflow as well.
post #2406 of 2406 Old 06-28-2015, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Just in case there's any interest, I have 12 4TB drives for sale in the classifeids, and 2 IT Flashed M1015 cards that I'll be posting tomorrow.

Looky here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Norco Rpc 4020 4u Rackmount Server Chassis W 20 Hot Swappable Sata Sas Drive Bays , Norco