7MC in a Hyper-V virtual? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-31-2012, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Has anyone actually got 7MC to fuly function in a Hyper-V VM?

I have runnig sort of.
I am able to watch copyfreely content from an HDHR Prime source on a 360 extender. No Copy once content I get "Play" errors, also I cannot get Ripped content to play - I get video errors.

I think my root cause is not being able to setup the 3D RemoteFX drive correctly. When I start the VM with RemoteFX installed I get this error:

"Microsoft Synthetic 3D Display Controller ... Failed to power on with error 'Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service'

I have been going in circles for a few weeks now. Including licensing and domain settings to resolve this error. No Joy here.

I am runnig the VM on 2008 RS SP1 on a ASUS P7Q57 MB w/ an i5 661 processor w/16gb ram. The specs say the processor supports SLAT (Intel EPT) required to install the 3D FX VM driver.

Anyway I was hopping that some kind sole will read this and understand my plite, because I sure don't.
Perhaps a guide I missed somewhere?

Anyway Thanks,
Skybolt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-18-2012, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
So I started from scratch and was able to get 7MC woking fine in a Hyper-V VM, with an HDHR Prime for tunner support. I am using an xbox 360 as an extender to watch/record HDTV. I did not need the RemoteFX as I initially thought, at least not yet anyway. I did need to add a physical hard drive and dedicate it to the VM for recordings, best way IMO, symbolic links worked but a little flakey.

So now it's on to getting Media Browser to work correctly or find another alternitave for watching ripped DVD's still in Video_TS directory format. This seems to be a bit of a challange. if not impossible.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page