3D and 23.976: is there any solution out there beside standalone CE? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-06-2012, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can't find a way to playback bluray 3D in proper 23.976 fps without manually switching the display driver refresh rate to 23hz AFTER the 3D disc is started.

So far I've tried PowerDVD, TMT5, and AnyDVD auto refresh rate function in combination with bluray discs, bluray full-iso, Makemkv 3d-mvc mkv. Every combination is doing only 24.000 not 23.976hz. I've heard that even standalone media players based on the Realtek 1186 (himedia, micca, xtremer to name a few) have the same problem: only 24.000hz and no proper 23.976.

I have an AMD HD6850 graphic card in an all hdmi 1.4 video chain. I'm wondering if anyone else has found a solution (without the driver refresh rate manually).

Can anyone else report on any combination of AMD, intel integrated graphic, and nvidia 3D graphic solution, along with WinDVD, PowerDVD, and TMT? Or has anyone tried reencoded full-HD bluray 3D into FULL sbs or tab mkv using dvdfab in conjunction with other software to playback 3D mkv?

The goal here is to play bluray 3D or it's 1:1 rips (not half sbs) in proper 23.976 frames per second and hd audio bitstreaming without having to adjust display driver every time.
It would be helpful if we can find a more definitive answer as to what combination works and what doesn't.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-06-2012, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Reports and confirmations of what doesn't work will help too smile.gif
post #3 of 5 Old 06-06-2012, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Can't answer your main question yet as I am still building/setting up my HTPC, but I hope you might be able to answer a question for me: What are you using to playback your Makemkv 3d-mvc mkv's?
post #4 of 5 Old 06-06-2012, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

PowerDVD 11 Latest build. The 3D mkv works, though it's being displayed as if there's some kind of overscan (there's none on my system). I've read somewhere PowerDVD 12 also plays it. TMT5 is a total failure at the moment.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-06-2012, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

I know that bluray 3D playback isn't a major concern for most people, but raising the awareness of the current problem may help the software/hardware companies to get it right. In some ways, 23.976 refresh rate is more important for 3D than 2D as no software to my knowledge uses 3:2 pull down for 3D, so there's no recourse when 24hz doesn't function properly.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page