Logitech Harmony One remote for $49.99 at BestBuy - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got a deal notification about this from slickdeals this morning and, since it seems to be a popular HTPC remote, wanted to pass along the information to those at AVS. The deal is listed here (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Televisions/Home-Theater-Sale/pcmcat65700050010.c?id=pcmcat65700050010) although the price is not showing up properly on the product page. There is some much information at slickdeals but I don't want to link there as I'm not sure of the rules here on that front. I'm on hold after calling their customer service number (1-888-237-8289 ) but numerous people on slickdeals have had success ordering this way.

Hope this helps someone here smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 145
^ thanks...on hold. Seems legit from what I can tell from a slick deals thread.

Wow, cannot do any better than this!

James

Actual phone call (see pic to left):

Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"

Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

post #3 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 07:43 AM

Thanks, just ordered one. Great price!
post #4 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

they must have corrected it...when i click on the link to the Harmony One the price is now $139
post #5 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KramerTC View Post

they must have corrected it...when i click on the link to the Harmony One the price is now $139

It's been showing that. Call up a CSR and point them towards the Father's day sale page. They should give it to you for $50 no problem.
post #6 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 145
I have a knack for encountering the densest neanderthals on earth. SO, after one call of 35 minutes that was simply dropped, and another now over 35 minutes (on hold) I'm expecting to grab my ankles, as the site now reads "sold out" online.

Thankfully I called a local best buy and "reserved" two in the store.

Whether they keep their word for the next few hours until I can pick them up is a different story.

Good luck everyone...

James

Actual phone call (see pic to left):

Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"

Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

post #7 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 08:25 AM

Liked: 11
Trying to order one to my PO Box but I am in Canada. The 1-888 number defaults to the Canadian seller. Does anyone know of a non-toll-free number I can use?
post #8 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 08:49 AM

Liked: 13
the remote was literally just taken off the site, it was there, I refreshed, and its gone
post #9 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 08:55 AM

Liked: 17
I cant believe I missed that on slickdeals while browsing this morning. I had stuff to do in the area of best buy today anyways, so ran right out after seeing your post. I expected to have to attempt a price match and get shot down if they even had any left....They had several...braced for the run around at the register....but low and behold it scanned right up at $50 without having to say a thing. As we were talking about how good a deal that was, I commented how I had half the mind to pick up a second, matter of fact, would it be to much a pain to go grab a second one? Guy said no problem and that he wanted to put one away for himself too, so he did that and I walked out of there with 2 of them!

Thank you thank you! I was using a 550 which suited my needs fine, but the down button on the D pad quit functioning propperly (still works, just takes A LOT of pressure on the key) so I have been casually waiting for a good remote deal to pop up. This was it!
post #10 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 09:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 589
Is this still available?

And.

NEW AVS SUCKS

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #11 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 09:06 AM

IT is gone frown.gif So sad that I JUST saw this. CRAP! I just ordered the Harmony 650 yesterday for the HTPC I will be building. Would much rather a Harmony One. Oh well frown.giffrown.gif If anyone got an extra and wants to sell it to me, let me know! :-)

Don't make fun of me for my stupid questions!
post #12 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Might be worth it to try and call in still. According to someone from the slickdeals forums this is the fastest way to reach someone:
"Call the normal BB number, press 1, press 4 and immediately press 1, press one for sales and press 8 for all other items, connected within a minute"

I called, spoke to someone who directed my call to a HT sales rep, and that method took around 25 minutes to get connected. I'm not sure if they will still honor the price but with a little bit of luck you might get one. Glad it worked out for some of you guys. I've been waiting on a good deal for a remote on an HTPC I plan on building in July sometime smile.gif.
post #13 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfhancock View Post

IT is gone frown.gif So sad that I JUST saw this. CRAP! I just ordered the Harmony 650 yesterday for the HTPC I will be building. Would much rather a Harmony One. Oh well frown.giffrown.gif If anyone got an extra and wants to sell it to me, let me know! :-)

I do have an extra I was planning on throwing on ebay. Basicly just attempting to make the one I am keeping free to me by throwing a BIN listing up for $100+ ship. I hate to bring it up since we all know what it costed thus sort of a kick in the pants, but that said $100 is still not too shabby for a One and I think I could get that easily on ebay. If you really have your heart set on this model and it's worth that to ya, I could forgo the ebay listing and just do $100 shipped for you. Wish I could hook it up with cost + ship and merely a few extra bucks or something, but that's just not part of the plan for originally purchasing 2 of them.
post #14 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 09:33 AM

On hold now... we will see if I can "nice" my way into it... and lie a little about how I'm staring right at it on the deal page right this second and it's still there when I refresh. rolleyes.gif

post #15 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

On hold now... we will see if I can "nice" my way into it... and lie a little about how I'm staring right at it on the deal page right this second and it's still there when I refresh. rolleyes.gif

Good luck with that. biggrin.gif
post #16 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KramerTC View Post

Good luck with that. biggrin.gif

On the deal sites, it looks like some people are still managing after it was pulled from the site. Also appears another person in NJ was successfull pulling right off the shelf and scanning up $50 with no effort the same I was after the website was changed as well....shouldnt be totally impossible just yet!
post #17 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
I just looked at the regular BB page, it indicates the remote is sold out online but available for store pick up at $49.99.

The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out.
post #18 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye911 View Post

I just looked at the regular BB page, it indicates the remote is sold out online but available for store pick up at $49.99.

Jump on it! I just tried the same...all stores except 1 in the entire state are not available now, and selecting that 1 ends up $139 in the cart.
post #19 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 10:19 AM

Ok I do have a question. Compared to the Harmony One, is the Harmony 650 good? I don't need fifteen devices when I really think about it. But if it is THAT much better in
some ways then I will call back again (go disconnected after waiting 25 minutes)

Edit: Representative on the phone said they are now sold out online and they cannot authorize anymore in-store pickups either. frown.gif
Edit2: No longer honoring in the stores either. It's over. :'''''( They received company-wide emails stating that the price was an error and not to be honored anymore. I almost checked the forum this morning but instead I was a good worker bee and started working... DAMN!!!

post #20 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:

Ok I do have a question. Compared to the Harmony One, is the Harmony 650 good? I don't need fifteen devices when I really think about it. But if it is THAT much better in some ways then I will call back again (go disconnected after waiting 25 minutes)

In function yes. Software is the same across all of them. There are some exceptions, like the very lowest ones limit you to 1 "activity", things like that, but if the 650 covers the amount of devices you need, it will function pretty much the exact same. Difference would be purely physical beyond that. I would keep trying for the One untill you get a def no from them. It's worth that much effort at least since it will cost your around the same.
post #21 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

I visited two BB stores in the Denver metro area late this morning and despite having hardcopy from their website showing the H-one for $49.95 they are not honoring it because the price in their computers now show $199 (which is very high for this remote in general). When scanned the remote also shows $199. Kudos to those who got it for $50 eek.gif.
post #22 of 22 Old 06-08-2012, 01:24 PM

Liked: 13
they are refreshing the Harmony line soon anyways, considering how ancient the One is the new ones should drive the normal price to around $50, the new ones should be a massive upgrade considering how long ago the One came out
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page