Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 22 Old 06-09-2012, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
mad.gif

Just upgraded to the 2.6 release and everything is perfect, except.........................Media Browser thinks that (Mission Impossible and MI-2) are Mission Impossible (Ghost Protocol) which is listed 3 times but plays the correct movie in the folder!

Long time user of MB and it seems with every edition it screws up the metadata. I have cleared the cache numerous times tried renaming etc. all movies match the internet database names and all have the year shown in (....). Over 300 movies and a total of 3 wrong.

Help appreciated

Glenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 06-09-2012, 12:02 PM

Liked: 18
Im having the same problems with the movie 21, it pulls in 21 jump street, Kill Bill 1&2 are both showing Kill Bill 1 and Turista keeps showing Lost Paradise. Ill keep checking on the Media Browser forum but all they can say is to check your file structure and make sure you have the correct names. Which everything was fine before the upgrade.

"Man, I told you we shouldn't have shot Niedermeyer"

post #3 of 22 Old 06-09-2012, 12:23 PM

Liked: 16
I've had similar issues with MB. Pride and Glory coverart shows the German version. But the synopsis and everything else is in English and correct.

Is ther any way to manually edit the coverart?
post #4 of 22 Old 06-09-2012, 01:53 PM

Ok just got a reply from MB forum....Metadata Info Wrong

post #5 of 22 Old 06-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott750 View Post

I've had similar issues with MB. Pride and Glory coverart shows the German version. But the synopsis and everything else is in English and correct.
Is ther any way to manually edit the coverart?

Yes go to the moviedb or wherever you get your artwork and save the poster you require as folder.jpg in the movie folder.
post #6 of 22 Old 06-09-2012, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

Yes go to the moviedb or wherever you get your artwork and save the poster you require as folder.jpg in the movie folder.

Fixing the movie poster has always been easy with jpg image, however it does nothing for the actual movie information, actors, etc.

Like I said, every new release seems to fix a lot of issues and create new ones!rolleyes.gif
post #7 of 22 Old 06-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanhdtv View Post

Fixing the movie poster has always been easy with jpg image, however it does nothing for the actual movie information, actors, etc.
Like I said, every new release seems to fix a lot of issues and create new ones!rolleyes.gif

Agreed - I try all the front ends at some time in their dev cycles and I really want MB to work for me and while improvements are made it never really hits the mark with me or my system. Slow and cumbersome when refreshing information for display - even with the Media Browser Service running.

Although improvements have been made to the collection of metadata, it is still flaky at best and needs the addition of a 3rd party scraper to operate efficiently.

What is first class though is the playback with an external player - now with 'resume' function (luke certainly has nailed that one - with mpc-hc anyway, can't answer for TMT etc.) and its a great addition to the overall package.

What is an improvement is the ability to include the moviedb ID in the folder title to resolve conflict issues a nice addition. Don't think the system was ever intended to enable manipulation of metadata - that is seen as the domain of the various db's and third party scrapers, though it would have been nice to have the ability to change a wrong movie name from within the programme, rather than coming out and adding to the folder and rescraping. Some form of conflict check and a pop-up asking the user to confirm the correct title would IMO have worked better.

EDIT - I really should have given the app some time to refresh and display the information so, just to add some balance to the post. I downloaded all metadata via MCM after giving the internal scraper a test run - regrettably it failed fairly miserably - now with the MCM metadata firmly in place (and correct) MB is fairly whizzing along. Really snappy and animations are very smooth.

Now getting to the point where it is at last a viable alternative to XBMC and Media Portal.
post #8 of 22 Old 06-10-2012, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

As of 2.6 however, there’s now a way to force MB to pick up a specific entry from TMDB. Just add [tmdbid=xxxx] to your folder name, where the ID number comes from the TMDB URL. You can find the combined Kill Bill (ID 78058) on TMDB here.

MB grabs the top-rated poster for each movie, which can sometimes be a foreign version. Just go to TMDB and save the poster you prefer as folder.jpg in your movie’s folder.

FYI the above solved all of my issues, 2.6 seems faster and more stable. Kudos to the dev team!biggrin.gif
post #9 of 22 Old 06-10-2012, 02:52 PM

still having a problem with 21 even after renaming the file with the TMBD id, and also all of my HD DVD covers show up as Blu Ray. This just seens like to much work for something that wasn't broken. Going back to 2.5

post #10 of 22 Old 06-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfett View Post

still having a problem with 21 even after renaming the file with the TMBD id, and also all of my HD DVD covers show up as Blu Ray. This just seens like to much work for something that wasn't broken. Going back to 2.5

Don't use internal scrapers, but sounds like it isn't functioning as expected - perhaps something the devs over at the Commmunity Tracker should be made aware of - particularly as it is a new function.
post #11 of 22 Old 06-10-2012, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 133
I know this isn't your question, but I've never had a problem with xbmc built in scraper. You should give that a try if you haven't already just to compare.
post #12 of 22 Old 06-10-2012, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
I must confess that, now that XBMC has HD audio, I'm using MB w/ MPC-HC less and less, and that's despite the fact that I think that the VQ and playback w/ madVR is generally superior to XBMC's player.
post #13 of 22 Old 06-11-2012, 12:36 AM
Advanced Member

No need to confess anything dukie - go with whatever floats your boat - me I've actually gone the other way. My preference is now MB with mpc-hc (MadVR & LAV). I don't see a great deal of difference between playback of HD material, but I have quite a collection of old BBC sitcoms as interlaced material and xbmc's playback of these just 'sucks' - the mpc-hc combination is way superior.
post #14 of 22 Old 06-11-2012, 01:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No need to confess anything dukie - go with whatever floats your boat - me I've actually gone the other way. My preference is now MB with mpc-hc (MadVR & LAV). I don't see a great deal of difference between playback of HD material, but I have quite a collection of old BBC sitcoms as interlaced material and xbmc's playback of these just 'sucks' - the mpc-hc combination is way superior.

My Reclock experience has not been overly positive for 25p content and LPCM content.

XBMC, OTOH, has done better, particularly w/ LPCM. At various times, I've gotten my LPCM soundtracks from BR's to work well w/ MPC-HC/ LAV/ Reclock w/ WASAPI, but the slightest of modifications seem to turn everything to crap.

It really does hurt, though, because I strongly feel that the picture is just manifestly better w/ madVR.
post #15 of 22 Old 06-11-2012, 02:49 AM
Qaq

Liked: 12
Thats strange but for LPCM I have to change ReClock's settings to simplier: "output sample rate - same as input" and increase ReClock's buffer a bit. Maybe parsing LPCM tracks from container affects playback, who knows. If those LPCMs stored on HDD I'd suggest to re-encode them to Flac - saves disk space, read operations and container parsing.

Burned by the Audio Inquisition
post #16 of 22 Old 06-11-2012, 03:06 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't re-encode to FLAC in part because my HDMI-equipped mac mini's transmit LPCM tracks losslessly in Plex.
post #17 of 22 Old 06-11-2012, 03:25 AM
Qaq

Liked: 12
Hmmm... needless to say that Flac is lossless encoder, after decoding you have the same data. As you wish though..

Burned by the Audio Inquisition
post #18 of 22 Old 06-11-2012, 03:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrlnsDukie View Post

My Reclock experience has not been overly positive for 25p content and LPCM content.
XBMC, OTOH, has done better, particularly w/ LPCM. At various times, I've gotten my LPCM soundtracks from BR's to work well w/ MPC-HC/ LAV/ Reclock w/ WASAPI, but the slightest of modifications seem to turn everything to crap.
It really does hurt, though, because I strongly feel that the picture is just manifestly better w/ madVR.

I don't need WASAPI, therefore no need for ReClock, my experience of interlaced material, using purely madVR and LAV is quite spectacular compared to xbmc. I can't distinguish a difference in audio playback, with or without WASAPI, therefore no need to ReClock. I feel your pain though it does seem to be particularly sensetive to change.
post #19 of 22 Old 06-11-2012, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
I've always used the built in scraper with Media Browser and rarely have any problems. I make sure to name each movie's folder exactly as it appears at TMDB. I also put the release year in parentheses after the name and that usually does it.

post #20 of 22 Old 06-11-2012, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What graphics card do you have? XBMC uses hardware deinterlacing with my ati 5450 card, so deinterlacing performance (uses vector adaptive) is the same in xbmc, wmc, mpc-hc, ect.
post #21 of 22 Old 06-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post

What graphics card do you have? XBMC uses hardware deinterlacing with my ati 5450 card, so deinterlacing performance (uses vector adaptive) is the same in xbmc, wmc, mpc-hc, ect.

An ATI 5670 - and I had all but given up on xbmc and interlaced material, until your post - damn you StinDaWg tongue.gif. Now you've made me revisit the issue, when I thought I was happy with my MB solution (I really need to pick one and run with it). Did some further digging and tweaking rolleyes.gif and found that there has been some considerable improvement (have they introduced a new ffmpeg build, or what). What do you find are the best settings for your card?
post #22 of 22 Old 06-30-2012, 11:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Sorry I just noticed you replied. XBMC has been able to do hardware deinterlacing since Eden (V11).

Set deinterlacing in ATI CCC to vector adaptive, then set deinterlacing in XBMC to "DXVA best".
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page