Ovation Home Media - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 71 Old 08-14-2013, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The Ohms system now features IP control of selected AV devices. IP control allows control of your AV device using Ethernet or your network.

Currently Denon, Marantz, Pioneer, Integra and Onkyo receivers and DirecTV and Comcast/Xfinity tuners are supported. Support for Tivo HD should be available sometime in September.

The easiest way to tell if your equipment is IP capable is if it has an Ethernet port for connection to your home network.

OvationSupport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 Old 12-13-2013, 08:58 PM

All users and beta testers:

Updates are now available for your Ovation Home Media System player and remote. Please see latest changes below. Since I have not posted updates in a while, I've also listed the change-log for much of the last quarter. As always, if you have questions or problems please post to this thread or at our website.

Update procedure
MaCE player: To apply updates, leave MaCE player on overnight or for immediate update, cycle power on MaCE player.
ORCA app: ORCA updates should appear in your email ( as listed on file). Just open the email using your remote (smart phone) and tap to install.

Regards,
OhmsSupport

Legend:
+ New
* Changed
! Fixed

Media and Control Engine (MaCE) player Changelog
OHMS 1.0.13.46 - 12 December 2013
=================================
! Macro method for IR controlled devices.
! 'Preparing Disc for Playback' message now persists longer for a more seamless transition to start of third party software player when playing discs.
* Micellaneous code 'clean up' and tweaks.

OHMS 1.0.13.42 - 7 December 2013
! Standard video player not starting movie from beginning when selected.
! Resume/Beginning prompt malfunctioning if user made selection 'too fast'.
! Image loading message now displays on remote during AutoBrowse image loading.
! OHMS not properly notifying ORCA when a video player app has closed.
* Increase start-up timeout to accommodate weather downloads. This should eliminate "[ERROR] failed to start. TCP connect timeout" messages.
+ When backing up Movie discs, user will now be asked whether to back up 'Entire Disc' or 'Movie Only'

OHMS 1.0.12.99 - 15 November 2013
! Fixed a bug that prevented HTTP communication when returning from sleep mode.
! Splash screen now appears when returning from sleep mode.
! Music playback will automatically stop if user manually requests sleep, restart or power down.

OHMS 1.0.12.90 - 2 November 2013
! OHMS http requests now handled by OhmsServer.exe.
! Eliminated unnecessary screen refreshes for faster more responsive operation when using remote.

OHMS 1.0.12.77 - 26 October 2013
! Numerous changes to support ORCA updates (see ORCA 6.36 below).
+ Added support (IP control) for latest line of Denon AVR-Exxx receivers

Ovation Remote Control APP (ORCA) Changelog
ORCA 6.87 - 12 December 2013
! Fixed Channel List not updating properly.
+ Initial support for Comcast/Xfinity set-top-boxes (RNG200N), IR only! (these boxes do not allow IP or serial control).

ORCA 6.83 - 7 December 2013
* Notification to 'Use Remote to Browse Media' will now persist. The notification clears on exit OR when media is selected for playback.
+ Now downloads and updates favorite channel list from MaCE media player. Channel list now based on user locale (where applicable).

ORCA 6.61 - 15 November 2013
! Faster and more responsive when switching menu screens.
* Fixed bug that wouldn't clear dialog message when 'OK' was pressed.
! Other miscellaneous code changes.

ORCA 6.54 - 10 November 2013
+ Channel Logos download now displays progress as channel logos are 'unzipped'.
! Other miscellaneous code changes

ORCA 6.49 - 2 November 2013
! Changed default favorite channel logo.
! Larger favorite channel logos on some phones.
! Other miscellaneous code changes to accommodate changes to MaCE software.

ORCA 6.36 - 26 October 2013
+ Now automatically downloads and installs channel logos for the favorite channels screen (DirecTV and Comcast/Xfinity). I MUST ENABLE A PORT ON YOUR MACE TO ALLOW THIS. Please leave your machine on so I may accomplish this.
+ New power save option on setup page allows screen to turn off to save battery power.
! Bigger thumb cursor on some screens with volume slider.
* Fixed an issue where inadvertently touching volume slider would dramatically increase or decrease volume.
* Fixed an issue where the message at completion of library sync lacked an 'OK' button.
+ When initiating remote connection by menu selection, ORCA will now jump to the requested screen on connection. For example, if the remote is disconnected and you tap 'Movies', the remote will connect to the player and then jump to the movies screen.
+ Added the following channels and logos to favorite channels list (all DirecTV):
- Oprah Winfrey Network (CH. 279)
- The Learning Channel (CH. 280).
- VH1 (CH. 355)
- Audience (CH. 334)
- The Weather Channel (CH. 362)
post #63 of 71 Old 01-11-2014, 04:36 PM

To all OHMS users,

OHMS software for our MaCE players and the ORCA remote control app for your smartphone are now in GENERAL RELEASE which means updates SHOULD come less often. This does not mean however, that we are slowing development. On the contrary we expect to add many new features soon.

In the meantime, when reporting bugs, please try to adhere to the following guidelines when listing or describing them:

1. Terminal Bugs: These are software problems that prevent operation of the MaCE player or ORCA remote app. These types of bugs typically result in crashes, BSODs (Blue Screens of Death) or hangs (system won’t respond). These bugs CANNOT be cleared with a reset or can be cleared but reverts to error behavior quickly and consistently. These bugs are VERY RARE (we’ve not encountered one for nearly two years).

2. Critical Bugs: These are software issues that don’t prevent general operation but may display an error message when a particular operation is attempted. Usually but not always clearable with a reset.

3. Nuisance Bugs: These are bugs that are inconvenient but can be ‘worked around’. The player or remote remains usable with out a reset or can be consistently returned to normal operation with a reset and re-occur only intermittently (if at all).

I would ask all beta testers to report bugs online via this thread or the new forum at our website: http://www.OvationHomeMedia.com/forum. Customers can report bugs online or call us at the number on our website.

Thanks

OvationSupport
post #64 of 71 Old 01-23-2014, 05:52 AM

Updates are now available for your Ovation Home Media System MaCE player and ORCA remote. Please see latest changes below.

Update procedure

MaCE player: To apply updates, leave MaCE player on overnight or for immediate update, cycle power on MaCE player.

ORCA app: ORCA updates should appear in your email ( as listed on file). Just open the email using your remote (smart phone) and tap to install.

Regards,
OhmsSupport
www.OvationHomeTheater.com

Changes Legend:
+ = New
* = Changed
! = Fixed

OHMS 1.0.13.66 - 22 January 2014
+ Now reliably finds and backs-up the main movie when specified during disc backup.
! Miscellaneous tweaks and code cleanup.

ORCA 7.33 - 22 January 2014
* TCP link keep alive semaphore now executes on ALL responses from MaCE player. Should diminish the potential for intermittent remote dis-connects.
post #65 of 71 Old 01-27-2014, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Looks like a nice system.

I would have considered it if I'd known about it 6 months ago, before I headed down the HTPC/extender route, and if I had an Android device for control.
post #66 of 71 Old 01-27-2014, 11:41 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Just found this.. interesting for sure. Do you run mediabrowser3 or plex? in particular Plex so that remote systems like my office or parents house can stream videos stored?
post #67 of 71 Old 01-28-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkimbro View Post

Looks like a nice system.

I would have considered it if I'd known about it 6 months ago, before I headed down the HTPC/extender route, and if I had an Android device for control.

Thank you DfKimbro,

The systems are designed for two market segments: Those who want the features and plug and play convenience of custom install systems (e.g., Control4, Kaleidescape, etc) but at a much reduced price and those like yourself (and others on the forum) that are comfortable working with technology and unafraid to dive in and 'tweak' your system. We believe our systems are close to satisfying the needs of these consumers.

By the way, Android devices that can be used as remotes for the OHMS systems are plentiful and cheap. This includes the deluge of cheap Android tablets that flooded the market last Christmas like the $39 door buster my neighborhood MicroCenter was promoting on Black Friday. Heck, I sometimes offer promotions where I throw in a complimentary Android device (usually a no-contract phone) with the purchase of a MaCE player!

Regards,
OvationSupport
post #68 of 71 Old 01-30-2014, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post

Just found this.. interesting for sure. Do you run mediabrowser3 or plex? in particular Plex so that remote systems like my office or parents house can stream videos stored?

Unfortunately the OHMS system (Mace Player and ORCA smartphone app) does not natively support Plex or MediaBrowser3.

Although Plex and MediaBrowser3 are excellent products, the OHMS system equals most of their capabilities (including streaming stored content throughout the house) with the added features of AV equipment control (receiver, set-top-box, etc.) , smartphone remote control and media browsing and one-click media back-up.

Regards,
OvationSupport
post #69 of 71 Old 02-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvationSupport View Post

Unfortunately the OHMS system (Mace Player and ORCA smartphone app) does not natively support Plex or MediaBrowser3.

Although Plex and MediaBrowser3 are excellent products, the OHMS system equals most of their capabilities (including streaming stored content throughout the house) with the added features of AV equipment control (receiver, set-top-box, etc.) , smartphone remote control and media browsing and one-click media back-up.

Regards,
OvationSupport
Theeere's what I was looking for. But how about streaming content over the net? Is that feature available yet or soon to be available?

Oh, and you implied backing-up the "full movie" saves it to an ISO, right? Can those be streamed throughout the house? (Not a requirement, but if the system can do that, you guys are basically making everything I've been dreaming about lately).

If I have hard-drives already can I add those, or other potential hardware upgrades, to a system purchased from Ovation?

I've been building my own HTPC and was going to design my own software to control it like I wish but it appears you guys have already done exactly what I was looking to do. Furthermore, the build is already distracting me from my primary endeavors so I'm about ready to buy one pre-built.

I'll PM you the rest
post #70 of 71 Old 02-12-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javanpohl View Post

Theeere's what I was looking for. But how about streaming content over the net? Is that feature available yet or soon to be available?

Oh, and you implied backing-up the "full movie" saves it to an ISO, right? Can those be streamed throughout the house? (Not a requirement, but if the system can do that, you guys are basically making everything I've been dreaming about lately).

If I have hard-drives already can I add those, or other potential hardware upgrades, to a system purchased from Ovation?

I've been building my own HTPC and was going to design my own software to control it like I wish but it appears you guys have already done exactly what I was looking to do. Furthermore, the build is already distracting me from my primary endeavors so I'm about ready to buy one pre-built.

I'll PM you the rest

Hello Javanpohl,

1. Full disc back-ups are just that: The exact contents as they are on the disc but stored in a folder. Not ISO. The 3rd party software players we use can play a Blu-ray movie folder.

2. As long as you have another MaCE or any capable PC or player with software that can play a Blu-Ray folder, or MKV file it can be viewed remotely (streamed) from anywhere on the network. EDIT: Streaming over the net IS possible but not yet implemented.

3. Yes, you can use hard drives you already have either as they are or as part of an OPENS server ( strongly recommended).

Regards,
OvationSupport
post #71 of 71 Old 05-02-2014, 07:55 AM

Updates are now available for your Ovation Home Media System MaCE player and ORCA remote. Please see latest changes below.

Update procedure:
ORCA app: ORCA updates should appear in your email ( as listed on file). Just open the email using your remote (smart phone) and tap to install. I'll also post it to the OvationHomeMedia.com website for download.

Regards,
OhmsSupport
www.OvationHomeTheater.com

Changes Legend:
+ = New
* = Changed
! = Fixed

OHMS 1.0.13.90 - 2 May 2014
+ New DVR and recording engine and interface (applies only to MaCE DVR products) .
+ Now alerts the user if the disc being backed-up is defective. Previously, the back-up process would sometimes terminate without warning.
* Refined scheme to acquire main movie for main movie only backups.
* Various refinements in disc back-up scheme.

ORCA v7.44 - 2 May 2014
+ New icons for DVR/Recordings menu screen.
+ Now features"info" icon to access statistics about your various media libraries (e.g, Movies>Tools>Info).
* Various code tweaks and clean-up.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page