? 3D setup - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 07-03-2012, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bough GT 520, but not sure about cutting the close end. You mean cutting the PCI slot close end? is that mean the part of the contact of the graphic card will be stiicking out? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 07-03-2012, 12:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 389

I checked P5B-VM, its PCI Express x4 slot is already open-ended, so you can attach a graphics card to it without mod.

BTW GT 520 supports dual audio stream so that it supports 3D video to PJ and HD audio to AVR (with a DVI-HDMI adapter). So basically you don't need HD 6670. You can also use HD 6670 for 3D video and GT 520 for audio.

post #33 of 35 Old 07-03-2012, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

1/2 of the GT520 card contact end is sticking outsie the PCIe 4x and the bios battery is in its the way, can't push it all the way down frown.gif. Well, I guess I will have to retire the HD 6670 and replace it with the GT520. Is there a specific DVI-HDMI adapter to get so that it can do stereo3D?

Initially, I read your post a while back and bought the GT430 for the dual output capability, but it didn't recognized my samsung TV, so I exchanged/upgraded twice. Along the way I total forgot, about the dual output point and got the HD 6670 (it was on sale and has all the digital ports, DP 1.2, DVI, HDMI 1.4a.) Now I guess I have to pay more + more frustration to get it to work smile.gif.

thanks so much for you helps
post #34 of 35 Old 07-04-2012, 12:53 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 389

As for NVIDIA card, DVI port + any generic DVI-HDMI adapter is the same as HDMI and dual HDMI is supported this way. Intel too. AMD, no.

post #35 of 35 Old 07-06-2012, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx View Post

As for NVIDIA card, DVI port + any generic DVI-HDMI adapter is the same as HDMI and dual HDMI is supported this way. Intel too. AMD, no.

Exactly!

All work great. IMO, NVIDIA is smarter then my previous AMD HD 6670. It doesnt' matter which port (DVI or HDMI) I use for AVR or PJ, it always directs proper audio and 3D video to the right device.

But a minor negative thing about NVIDIA graphic card (@ a decent price) is that it only support maximum 2 monitors. With my setup, PJ and AVR are the two monitors. I can't even use the VGA port for a 3rd monitor (for daily pc usage) and its not simple to switch back and forth between PJ and PC monitor because of different resolution. I tried to use the onboard VGA, but I don't think that board support simultaneous VGA output with graphic card (?since they are using the same express bus?).

I have tried different combination setting to be able to easily switch back to samsung monitor for PC usage after shut down the PJ.

dupllicate PJ & AVR + VGA to samsung monitor ==> unable to save setting
HDMI - PJ, DVI - AVR, AVR ouput to Samsung monitor ==> extended screen only
VGA or DVI to Samsung monitor alone and disconnect all others, but only get extended screen (no desktop icon)

My only solution left is to get a PCI 2.2 graphic card for a third monitor.

thanks for all the suggestions
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Vsx 91txh 7 1 Channel A V Receiver Featuring True Hd Dts Hd Master , Projectors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page