XBMC Bluecop Add-In? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 06-20-2012, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to add bluecop add in to my new xbmc install, but it looks like with the new xbmc software package the add-in options have changed as I can not find where to install an add-in via a zip file. Anyone know how to do this now?

I would really like to try the amazon and HULU plugins via xbmc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-20-2012, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

oh and another question.... If you have tv shows that are not recognized by the tv scrubber it looks like xbmc does not show them... Is there a way to get them to show up regardless?
post #3 of 9 Old 06-20-2012, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

last question! When I use the xbmc wmc add in I can easily open and navigate in xbmc. Then when I exit it opens up wmc as it should, but my remote no longer works. I have to restart wmc to get the remote to respond again... Anyone have any ideas on how to fix ths?
post #4 of 9 Old 06-21-2012, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Can anyone offer any advice?
post #5 of 9 Old 06-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Click the to dots at the top of the list until you get to the top level and you should have the option to install from a zip file.

Which skin are you using?

I'm confused too.

post #6 of 9 Old 06-21-2012, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djearl81 View Post

Click the to dots at the top of the list until you get to the top level and you should have the option to install from a zip file.

Which skin are you using?

I am using the defaulted skin at the moment. I was trying to get everything setup correctly prior to changing the skins, etc
post #7 of 9 Old 06-21-2012, 12:31 PM

Liked: 12
They do show up, they just won't show up in the tv shows without the metadata. You can find the files under video --> Files. If you want them to show up in the tv shows tab, you either need to find the metadata or make your own meta data file.

Check tvdb to see if the tv show is listed. If it is, then you can try to rename the folder to get the metadata. It can be pretty picky sometimes...like I had Venture Brothers and media center master couldn't find it at tvdb, but when I renamed to The Venture Bros., it was found.

And you might as well get the skin you want to use and do the setup on that instead of confluence. XBMC has a lot of user generated stuff, like apps, skins etc. Which is great except that not everything works with everything else. So if you get confluence set up how you like, you might find problems when you switch to another skin. I had some issues with aeon mq3 that I didn't have with confluence or aeon nox. When you try to run it as a fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen, sometimes exiting menus causes a lock up...if I don't use fullscreen window some of my emulators don't work. So I just use nox now, but dang it, I don't know why the skin creator would disable the mouse for it rather than give users the option of using mouse or keyboard, or remote. One of the reasons I like watching movies on my computer is to have mouse control and be able to skip to a certain point by just pointing and clicking instead of having to FF through a movie.

post #8 of 9 Old 06-21-2012, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

OK I got the add on to work. I just figured out that the backspace button is what brings you up levels to get to the other options! Stupid me!

Anyone have any ideas on this issue: When I use the xbmc wmc add in I can easily open and navigate in xbmc. Then when I exit it opens up wmc as it should, but my remote no longer works. I have to restart wmc to get the remote to respond again... Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Isn't there some always on top application I need to install?
post #9 of 9 Old 06-21-2012, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=View&ID=repository.passion.xbmc.org. All the 3rd party stuff can be added through this add-on instead of downloading all the zip files...

A. Thomas -
GSN: djfourmoney
'03 SRT-4 12.74@106 in the 1/4
PSN - DJFourMoney
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page