I tried Rom Collector and found it hard to setup. Advanced Launcher was much easier to understand. However you must map a folder with your games in it because Samba Shares are not supported with that Add-on. (same with Rom Collector).
That is if your files are located on a server like I have them.
For the correct metadata to show up, for example with Playstation files, like GT2, your folder structure should have each disc image in its own folder.
I have all my SNES roms in one folder. About 95% have the correct metadata and scrap correctly. The other 5% either use the wrong data or don't display the correct box art or no box art at all.
Haven't set up NES yet or Neo Geo yet.
What I will end up doing is running -
ePSXe for the majority of Playstation 1 games v1.7 runs pretty much everything. I have audio issues with Jarrett and Labonte Stock Car Racing (World Touring Car Championship). With 1.6 it wouldn't load at all. Anyway for games I have trouble with I use pSX. You can't improve the graphics like with ePSX since it used no plug-ins but its pretty much 99.9% a emulated PS1 console and plays 99.9% of available games. If you put the Japanese or European BIOS in it, it will play those games too.
For SNES, SNESx9 is what I use. I was using ZNES but it doesn't support a resolution I want. Both have the same problems with Super FX games, only bNES will do it pretty much perfectly, but you have to unpack your roms to use it, not interested. I'll deal with the minor errors, I don't play those games often or at all. I am going to pare down my SNES collection pretty soon.
NES I use RockNES, not setup yet and for Neo-Geo I will use MAME32 since the majority of Neo Geo emu's are not supported anymore.
I have Sega Genesis and 32x games as well but I want to use the correct gamepad. I'm looking into that.
A. Thomas -GSN: djfourmoney'03 SRT-4 12.74@106 in the 1/4PSN - DJFourMoney