Still don't know what software to choose - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-28-2012, 05:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm building an htpc with an OTA tuner in it and I would like to stream netflix. Is there a single nice-looking interface that will allow me to do all of this (Plus record OTA) without having to switch programs? I don't think WMC can stream netflix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-28-2012, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
WMC can stream netflix.
jadams639 likes this.

post #3 of 4 Old 06-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I don't use a tuner in my PC, but I do use it for movie viewing and Netflix...I can heartily recommend JRiver. I used MediaPortal, then XBMC after that and they are a bit flashier with nicer theater views than JRiver, but in both cases they just weren't up to snuff in usability and lack of stability. I realize JRiver is not free, but it is great software that is constantly evolving. Just my 2 cents.

Bricktop.
jadams639 likes this.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-28-2012, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickTop View Post

I don't use a tuner in my PC, but I do use it for movie viewing and Netflix...I can heartily recommend JRiver. I used MediaPortal, then XBMC after that and they are a bit flashier with nicer theater views than JRiver, but in both cases they just weren't up to snuff in usability and lack of stability. I realize JRiver is not free, but it is great software that is constantly evolving. Just my 2 cents.
Bricktop.

Seconded. Honestly, it's been a bit of a pain to get it working how I want it, but now that it's setup, it just works. No BS. I've used wmc, media browser, my movies, plex, xbmc, media portal, you name it. I may be partial because I really care about audio and picture quality, but with jriver I don't have to worry about installing 3rd party programs, launching external programs, etc. It's all there, and all supported by a single developer (and their forum suport is awesome, which is the kind of thing that is wholefully under appreciated). Free 30 day trial. Try it out yourself.
Vlad Theimpaler and jadams639 like this.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page