possible to set custom resolution for Intel video driver on Sandy Bridge CPU? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-28-2012, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I built my htpc about a year ago using the paid Assassin guide and it's worked pretty well for me. I recently got set up fro CIH with a 2.4:1 screen instead of 16:9, I'd like to set the desktop resolution to 1920x800. Now obviously that res is not a default setting, but I figured under the video control panel in win7 or under the advanced settings on the Intel video driver that it would let me select some custom resolution and configure my own, but that is not the case.

Anybody know if there is a built in way to set that or do I have to resort to some sort of third party program like Powerstrip?

My perpetual home theater build - Omaha Theater #5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-28-2012, 09:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrunner View Post

I built my htpc about a year ago using the paid Assassin guide and it's worked pretty well for me. I recently got set up fro CIH with a 2.4:1 screen instead of 16:9, I'd like to set the desktop resolution to 1920x800. Now obviously that res is not a default setting, but I figured under the video control panel in win7 or under the advanced settings on the Intel video driver that it would let me select some custom resolution and configure my own, but that is not the case.
Anybody know if there is a built in way to set that or do I have to resort to some sort of third party program like Powerstrip?

Intel has overscan sliders that you can use to stretch your screen to make it fit.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-28-2012, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

not sure what you are saying here, do you mean set it at a lower resolution then use these sliders to drag the screen out? Or set it at the higher res and use them to squeeze?

post #4 of 6 Old 06-28-2012, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Found it, I had an outdated driver, after updating to the new Intel HD graphics driver there is a setting under advanced to display custom resolution, worked perfectly with media browser.

post #5 of 6 Old 06-28-2012, 12:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrunner View Post

Found it, I had an outdated driver, after updating to the new Intel HD graphics driver there is a setting under advanced to display custom resolution, worked perfectly with media browser.

Yep. Glad you found it.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-28-2012, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11

Just to add one more info... For Intel SB/IB Intel users, the overscan/underscan option is only available for Progressive and not for Interlace setting. ie. it is only available for 23P, 60P... but not available for 60i or 23i.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page