44.1kHz HDMI audio to receiver is distorted, but higher sample rates sound great! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-04-2012, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an acer revo connected through HDMI to my Denon 2310Ci. When I use WASAPI, all sample rates come through flawlessly and sound great EXCEPT FOR the common rate of 44.1kHz. It sounds like underwater distortion. This happens with mp3 music or with the simple audio test tones. They windows test tones all sound perfect, up to 192kHz, except the 44.1kHz sample. It sounds like an underwater game of pong.
I have a ton of mp3s at 44.1kHz, so this is a bit irritating. Any ideas? I updated the nvidia sound drivers last night to no avail. Same issue. Uninstall/reinstall drivers is next. Is this something easy you may have encountered???
I'm pretty sure the problem is in the computer because a DVD player that sends CD sound through HDMI gets decoded no problem.

Thanks!!
-Brandon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-05-2012, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
How does it sound without WASAPI? Have you tried a different player?
post #3 of 3 Old 07-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Qaq

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Does AVR's display show 44.1? Try S/PDIF connection for any case, and if its still the same bad sound, I'm afraid you have to resample 44.1 to 48 or 96 on PC side.
I mean It seems like your AVR resamples everything to x48 (or bad support for x44.1) and all you can do is to use a better resampling algorithm on PC side.

Burned by the Audio Inquisition
Reply Home Theater Computers