Regression in Nvidia Drivers - 3D and HDMI Audio since 280.26 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-06-2012, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Well this may just be a very specific problem, but none of th Nvidia WHQL drivers released since 280.26 are functioning correctly in my HTPC setup ever since the infamous 285.62 drivers broke 7MC (really good QC there). It seems unlikely that this is a coincidence, likely resulting from whatever fix was put in place after 285.62.

Problem:

HDMI audio only works after a computer restart. When i turn off the TV and turn the TV back on, HDMI audio is not detected and I am unable to watch recorded TV or anything else.

Setup:

Sony XBR 52 HX909 - via either HDMI or DVI-->HDMI (multiple monoprice old and high speed HDMI cables)

EVGA nvidia gt 430
nvidia 3dtv play
any nvidia drivers from 285.62 and on

This problem is not present when I unplug the 3d transmitter from the TV, at least on the most recent WHQL drivers.

This seems like an obvious bug in the Nvidia drivers.

I attempted to clone the EDID data from when the TV is connected just after restart and install as in Tulli's EDID override thread without any change in behavior.

I would be happy to hear any suggestions for a solution.

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-07-2012, 08:44 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Well, I'm still at 275.33. These are the only drivers (maybe 280.26 too, but I'm not sure) that really work for me (GTS 450), especially with custom resolutions. Unless you have a Kepler card there should be no need of installing latest drivers. But if needed you could just use the latest version of the graphic driver + an older HDMI audio driver.
jmelan likes this.

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
post #3 of 4 Old 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
thanks tulli!, that is a great point regarding the separate install of the hd audio driver. for now, i will just stay with 280.26.

I was considering an upgrade to the gt 640 when it drops in price a bit, but did not want to risk having to use newer drivers.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-08-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelan View Post

Problem:
HDMI audio only works after a computer restart. When i turn off the TV and turn the TV back on, HDMI audio is not detected and I am unable to watch recorded TV or anything else.

Had a similar problem since 285.xx, I will lose HDMI audio after resume and I had to reboot to get HDMI audio back. HTPC connected to an Onkyo 805 AVR, card is a GTX460.

I updated to 301.42 and the problem has not returned it has been about a week. This is on 64bit Win7, never seemed to have the problem on 32bit Win7 running on another machine running another GTX460 (same batch bought the same time), both motherboards have the X58 chipset.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page