Can anyone tell me the difference between these cases? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-23-2012, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
this one and this one

They seem the same to me? Am I missing something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-23-2012, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 156
post #3 of 7 Old 07-23-2012, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 202
One is cheaper than the other?

post #4 of 7 Old 07-23-2012, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethfeinberg View Post

this one and this one
They seem the same to me? Am I missing something?
One is sold by BrilliantStore and the other by eTronix World. This happens often when Amazon is not selling an item, or when various partners sell an item and don't correctly link it to the Amazon listing - you wind up with multiple listings for the same item under different headings. If you look at the eTronix listing there are several other partner listings on the right hand side.

--
Eric B. Smith
The future keeps telling us what the past was about. You make the past mean different things by what you do with the time that comes after.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-25-2012, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks everybody! Thats exactly what I thought, but the price discrepancy was so great I figured there HAD to be some difference that I wasn't noticing.

However, either way, I read enough reviews about how horrible the LCD and MCE remote was that I've opted for a different case. The Wesena E6 or E7. Does anybody know a good way for me to obtain these in the States?

Also, I'm having a heck of a time finding a decent low profile Graphics card (would really like an Nvidia), but would perfer the e6 case for its small form factor. Am I just kidding myself? Should I just suck it up and go with the e7?
post #6 of 7 Old 07-25-2012, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethfeinberg View Post

Thanks everybody! Thats exactly what I thought, but the price discrepancy was so great I figured there HAD to be some difference that I wasn't noticing.

That's common, not unusual, at Amazon. For almost any item with a significant number of vendors, if you click on the "More Buying Choices" box on the right you'll regularly find a 100%, 200% or even more price spread from top to bottom.

Look at something as commonly discussed here as a 128GB Crucual M4 SSD. There are 79 vendors with prices ranging from $114.99 with free shipping to $341.40 + $8.97 shipping. (Interestingly, Crucial itself lists it on Amazon for $133.99.)

Now you may ask "how do the people charging $300 for an item for which others are charging $100 expect to sell anything", to which I would say "I have no idea, but they probably don't expect to." Why they actually list it is a total mystery to me.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

I have been using an NSK2480 for 5 years. The 380PSU is still solid as a rock. Handling 3 internal, 2 external drives + DVD drive, discrete graphics card. Is roomy, not a small footprint but well ventilated and excellent features. It does not have a remote or built-in ir that the fusion series have.

The links that came up do not look like the same case, so not sure what the confusion is. I thought the NSK2480 was discontinued by Antec and that they were only selling the fusion series but not positive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page