HTPC newbie with question about hooking up HTPC - want video via DVI to TV, and HD audio via HDMI to AVR. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-24-2012, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just put together my new HTPC, and I want to be able to send audio to my receiver and video straight to my TV. The reasons for this are 1. if I use the HDMI passthrough on the AVR, there's too much lag on the mouse input to the HTPC by the time it gets to the TV; and 2. for some strange reason, my TV (Pioneer Kuro KRP-600M) does really weird things with a 1080p HDMI signal even when it's in dot-by-dot mode. The screen tends to "float" around so that just a sliver of one or two sides (seems random which ones) get cut off of the image when it's displayed. It does not do this with a DVI signal though, it's pixel perfect all the time.

Ordinarily I would just use toslink digital to send audio to my receiver and send the DVI to the tv, but I want to have HD Audio capability, which toslink can't do.

Sadly it seems that when I have the HDMI going to the AVR and DVI going to the TV, there is no handshake for the HDMI or something, because it doesn't show up as an option in my default audio preferences window.

Any tips are appreciated.

For reference, my video out is Intel HD4000 on Ivy Bridge processor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Campbell View Post

2. for some strange reason, my TV (Pioneer Kuro KRP-600M) does really weird things with a 1080p HDMI signal even when it's in dot-by-dot mode. The screen tends to "float" around so that just a sliver of one or two sides (seems random which ones) get cut off of the image when it's displayed. It does not do this with a DVI signal though, it's pixel perfect all the time.

orbitor mode is on, moves images around to prevent image burn/retention. i kept it on. turn it off and you should not see it anymore.
Chris Campbell likes this.

note: the post above is my opinion. as such, when reading any recommendations from me, please do you research and seek out other recommendations and make up your own mind on your next course of action. i mean, most reasonable adults should know that, but it seems this should be stated anyways.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-24-2012, 02:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliaskary77 View Post

orbitor mode is on, moves images around to prevent image burn/retention. i kept it on. turn it off and you should not see it anymore.

+1

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #4 of 5 Old 07-24-2012, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ha! You're right! Thanks for the help. I completely forgot about orbiter mode. I set the Kuro up a couple years ago and it seems I've forgotten about some features.

I don't suppose you guys have any suggestions for going the separated audio/video though, do you?
post #5 of 5 Old 07-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 42
the lag seems strange. i have a denon 1612 receiver. i use a logitech dinovo edge keyboard. i think its a bluetooth receiver. i have no lag whatsoever.
i would think its more to do with the keyboard/mouse wireless signal then the receiver. do you have another one to try or even a cabled keyboard or mouse to test lag?

note: the post above is my opinion. as such, when reading any recommendations from me, please do you research and seek out other recommendations and make up your own mind on your next course of action. i mean, most reasonable adults should know that, but it seems this should be stated anyways.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page