So I am thinking about scrapping my standalone Blu-Ray player and including a Blu-ray drive
in my 1st HTPC build. Please answer as few or as many of these questions you have knowledge about
1) Can I play DVD's no matter was region they are?
2) Can I perform the following functions with your average HTPC remote control?
a) Turn on/off and rotate through subtitles
b) Turn on/off and rotate through audio tracks
c) If I turn off my player have way through a movie and restart it the next day will it remember where I left off
d) Will I easily be able to skip chapters
e) Will I easily be able to navigate DVD menus, special features etc.
f) Will I easily be able to go forward and reverse through discs at various speeds.
g) Will I be able to pause the disk and step through scenes
h) Will I be able to zoom scenes
3) What remote control supports most or all of the above features (or do you recommend)?
4) Do you use one remote control for HTPC and Disk playback or could one have two (not that I want two)?
5) What play back software supports most or all of the above features (or do you recommend)?
6) Will I be able to play most content on the disks, e.g. .mkv, .mov, .jpeg, .mp4, .mp3 etc?