"Primary" and "Secondary" HTPCs... is what I am considering possible? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 37 Old 08-07-2012, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiedgod View Post

You must be closer to the equator. Up here any kind of incliment weather causes pixelation in any of the sattelite feed. And we have incliment weather 7-8 months out of the year.

Then you need your dish to be aimed better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 08-08-2012, 04:04 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Sorry, didn't know you had sattelite TV. No, there are no sattelite TV tuners for PC's.

Maybe I misread your post, but there are Satellite tuners for PCs. There are bucket loads of them (Hauppage, Compro, BlackGold, etc.). I run a pair of BlackGold BGT 3595 cards for all my DVB-S and DVB-S2 tv watching needs into a WMC set-up.

If the OP has DirecTV then it's a moot point, but from a "spreading the HTPC knowledge and love" perspective I wanted to clarify.
post #33 of 37 Old 08-08-2012, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
This is mainly an American site. So most people tend to assume that's where people live.
post #34 of 37 Old 08-08-2012, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zon2020 View Post

Then you need your dish to be aimed better.

It "ain't mine" Just commenting on my exposure to sattelite services. Supposedly all those were professionally installed. Are you suggesting that professional installation is just as much crap as professional anything else, and if you want it done right, you have to do it your self? eek.gif

6 TV's in the house on FiOS and we only pay $4.99/month to connect them all!!! Power to the CableCard and WMC7!!!
post #35 of 37 Old 08-08-2012, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTT View Post

Maybe I misread your post, but there are Satellite tuners for PCs. There are bucket loads of them (Hauppage, Compro, BlackGold, etc.). I run a pair of BlackGold BGT 3595 cards for all my DVB-S and DVB-S2 tv watching needs into a WMC set-up.
If the OP has DirecTV then it's a moot point, but from a "spreading the HTPC knowledge and love" perspective I wanted to clarify.

None of those are broadcast in the US, do they?

6 TV's in the house on FiOS and we only pay $4.99/month to connect them all!!! Power to the CableCard and WMC7!!!
post #36 of 37 Old 08-08-2012, 10:01 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

None of those are broadcast in the US, do they?

Do you guys over the pond not get satellite feeds at all? I thought DVB-S and DVB-S2 were just transmission standards that were universal and it's just down to the satellite you point it at for the channel availability.
post #37 of 37 Old 08-08-2012, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:

It "ain't mine" Just commenting on my exposure to sattelite services. Supposedly all those were professionally installed. Are you suggesting that professional installation is just as much crap as professional anything else, and if you want it done right, you have to do it your self? eek.gif

While I used to install my own dishes, with the number and locations of the current satellites, it's not really very feasible.

But some installers do a better job than others, and needing to have them come back out and re-aim it is not an uncommon occurance.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page