Server Peeps Help me! MediaMaster won't rename files on my server. Works fine on local media content on my desktop. Ideas? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 19 Old 08-04-2012, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 663

It's a server that holds the content. Flexraid array. I run Mediamaster on my Desktop but set the scan folder to be a folder on the flexraid drive that contains movies I want to edit and update the names, metadata album art and such.

You can see it does not complete the task.

I check to make sure I have full rights on the HDD. I set it to full control. I verified the folder that holds the media is set to full control.

But for some reason media master can't. It works perfectly on local content on my desktop HDD's but won't work on media stored on my flexraid server.

Ideas????

Help ?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 08-04-2012, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Did you reboot? Sometimes after setting the share rights a reboot is needed to get it to "stick" I've found.

I also noticed that it says they didn't need to be renamed?

post #3 of 19 Old 08-04-2012, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

Did you reboot? Sometimes after setting the share rights a reboot is needed to get it to "stick" I've found.
I also noticed that it says they didn't need to be renamed?

Yeah I rebooted. But I did not reboot the server.

I will try both and report back.

(Note they need to be renamed but it failed. That is the ones that I am worried about)

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #4 of 19 Old 08-04-2012, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

OK here is an update.

I took a folder containing a movie, meta data, artwork and such and moved it to the flexraid drive. Just a folder on the drive. I tried to rename it manually from my desktop and it said "can't rename folder is in use"

But it is not in use.

I have no clue. How could I tell if it is in use or not.

Would it have something to do with thumbnails or something ?

-

post #5 of 19 Old 08-04-2012, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Is flexraid running something in the background.
post #6 of 19 Old 08-04-2012, 08:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 205
post #7 of 19 Old 08-05-2012, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post

Is flexraid running something in the background.

meaning?

This server feeds my HTPC, my deskop and wife laptop. Your saying if someone was reading or writing or using the server from another location it might matter?

For the record- I logged onto the server and used mediamaster on the server itself (I know I should not install that or do it that way but I wanted to test)

Same issue. Even on the server itself I get the same issue.

I have a Mediamaster folder on my Samsung RAID0 drive that I place all my stuff into - run mediamaster- and then move the finalized properly named and completed folder to the server for storage.

I copied some of the movies I was getting errors on with the server- I copied the folder to the Desktop and ran medimaster and it worked no problem.

The issue is not the files or the security settings it seems but something with mediamaster running over network on a network HDD.

Has anyone used mediamaster on a local machine on video folders stored on a server? Anyone every tried the rename all files and folders feature ?? Any errors?

It will download the metadata and album art fine. It just can not rename a file or a folder for some reason.

-

post #8 of 19 Old 08-05-2012, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

Make sure all folders are closed on the server. Then retry.

meaning Log off the server and close everything out so it is just on the desktop ?????

That is pretty much how I run it all the time. It just sits there on the floor. It does not even have a mouse or monitor on it, so I have to go out of my way and plug in the portable USB wireless mouse reciever into the the back USB port to operate it.

It's rare for me to be working on the server itself. It's usually just sitting there running and no folders are open.

-

post #9 of 19 Old 08-05-2012, 08:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

meaning Log off the server and close everything out so it is just on the desktop ?????
That is pretty much how I run it all the time. It just sits there on the floor. It does not even have a mouse or monitor on it, so I have to go out of my way and plug in the portable USB wireless mouse reciever into the the back USB port to operate it.
It's rare for me to be working on the server itself. It's usually just sitting there running and no folders are open.

Don't know what is happening on your setup. I rename almost everything manually as I want to be sure its 100% correct and it only takes me a few seconds (copy and paste from imdb or tvdb). You may want to install MCM on your server and run it that way from a remote desktop connection.
post #10 of 19 Old 08-05-2012, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

Don't know what is happening on your setup. I rename almost everything manually as I want to be sure its 100% correct and it only takes me a few seconds (copy and paste from imdb or tvdb). You may want to install MCM on your server and run it that way from a remote desktop connection.

i TRIED RUNNING IT DIRECTLY ON THE SERVER FROM THE SERVER AND SAME ISSUE.

Only fix if to do it manually or copy it to my desktop do it then copy it back.

Odd problem. I am not giving up yet.

-

post #11 of 19 Old 08-06-2012, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

It appears the files are "locked" or something.

I wonder if flex raid is doing something in the back ground like a parity check sum event or something ?

-

post #12 of 19 Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I am still wondering about this issue. I simply use it locally on my desktop but it makes no sense why it not work on my network drive.

-

post #13 of 19 Old 09-17-2012, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

It appears the files are "locked" or something.
I wonder if flex raid is doing something in the back ground like a parity check sum event or something ?

Are you using FlexRAID in realtime or snapshot mode?

While testing out FlexRAID in realtime mode, I got a lot of issues with locked files. Essentially, whenever the array is in a state where it is not 100% reconciled, it can cause the array to no longer allow any changes to be made. I don't think the same restriction is in place for snapshot RAID.

I have my doubts that this is the same issue you are experiencing since if you had an array that is not reconciled, then after rebooting you won't be able to start up the array. Still, it is something to consider.
post #14 of 19 Old 09-17-2012, 11:40 PM
thu

Liked: 10
I'm not running Mediamaster, but I am also having all sorts of problems changing/adding files and folders with WHS and FlexRaid.

Trying to rename or move folders in my FlexRaid folder from a client computer usually brings up the same error message Mfusick was getting about the file or folder being in use. I have to log out of the sever and move/rename the folder on the server itself via RDC and then log back in to keep adding to it.

I'm adding to the server from my Mac and was thinking it may just be the Mac and WHS not getting along. But I get the exact same things happening when I'm working from another Windows desktop. I was even getting errors from Ember trying to write artwork to the FlexRaid folders.

I tried to set the shared folder to "no access" from the WHS dashboard while leaving FlexRAid share to "full access". That didn't seem to do anything so I just went back to "Read and Write" access in WHS.

Tried searching about the problem and could only find a few forum threads saying to turn off the creation of thumbnail files in Windows. Didn't seem to do anything though.

So now I'm back to having to log out and then modifying the folders on the server itself via RDC. Have no idea what to try next.
post #15 of 19 Old 09-18-2012, 08:19 AM

Liked: 13
This thread over on the Flexraid forum http://forum.flexraid.com/index.php/topic,1159.0.html, might be of help. Seems as though a fix is being worked on.
post #16 of 19 Old 09-18-2012, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:

I check to make sure I have full rights on the HDD. I set it to full control. I verified the folder that holds the media is set to full control

Just to clarify, setting full control indicates that you have logged into the server (directly, dashboard, or RDC) and modified the drive and server folders to Homegroup Read/Write?

Does your desktop utilize a backgrounded auto-start and hide login to the server (the whs connector software)? If so does that login also have read/write access to all?

Was this ever working before?

Why do you want to add screen resolutions to your perfectly named movies? The mediainfo plugins should prominently display that info to your frontend
post #17 of 19 Old 09-18-2012, 09:42 PM
thu

Liked: 10
Thanks for the link bomberjim. Missed that one before. Sounds like he's got a handle on the problem now.
post #18 of 19 Old 09-20-2012, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post

Just to clarify, setting full control indicates that you have logged into the server (directly, dashboard, or RDC) and modified the drive and server folders to Homegroup Read/Write?
Does your desktop utilize a backgrounded auto-start and hide login to the server (the whs connector software)? If so does that login also have read/write access to all?
Was this ever working before?
Why do you want to add screen resolutions to your perfectly named movies? The mediainfo plugins should prominently display that info to your frontend

Yes I log onto the server and set all drives to full read and write permission.

And- I have multiple versions of movies in different files sizes and I want to delete and keep only the best.

Example.

720p MVK and a 480p dvdrip. I would keep the 720p and delete the 480p.

It just makes it easier.

-

post #19 of 19 Old 10-15-2012, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

It works on some folders and not on others... very strange.

-

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page