Saving History list of WMC 7? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-09-2012, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know how to save the History list that WMC7 creates? I'm rebuilding my HTPC from scratch but I don't want to lose the list of shows (not the shows themselves) I've already recorded. If I save the History list, is there a way to restore it to a new installation of WMC7? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-09-2012, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Do you mean your season passes?
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1420582/wmc7-how-can-i-back-up-my-season-pass-list-and-settings
post #3 of 7 Old 08-09-2012, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the link. But I don't mean season passes. What I mean is that I've already recorded a lot of TV shows and I don't want WMC7 to re-record them. The list of TV shows that WMC7 has already recorded is stored in WMC7 's History. If I cant copy over the information in the History of my old WMC installation to my new WMC7 installation then the new installation will start recording the shows I already have because it doesn't know I already have them and I don't want this to happen.
post #4 of 7 Old 08-09-2012, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Oh ok. That, I have no idea how to do. I run into the same problem every time I reinstall Windows 7. Hopefully someone can enlighten us.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-09-2012, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
If you put them in the recorded tv folder on the new install. Will it not detect the shows there and not record them? Or does it only detect them by the history list?

I assume you have some shows set to "record all"? Since "record new" shouldn't have this problem.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-10-2012, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post

If you put them in the recorded tv folder on the new install. Will it not detect the shows there and not record them? Or does it only detect them by the history list?
I assume you have some shows set to "record all"? Since "record new" shouldn't have this problem.

Unfortunately WMC7 will not check the Recordings list against the shows already in the Recorded_TV folder and refuse to record the shows it already has recorded. Instead it will re-record them. Then you will have to delete the duplicates by hand. And you will have to do this every time you do a fresh install of WMC7.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-10-2012, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by highzone View Post

Unfortunately WMC7 will not check the Recordings list against the shows already in the Recorded_TV folder and refuse to record the shows it already has recorded. Instead it will re-record them. Then you will have to delete the duplicates by hand. And you will have to do this every time you do a fresh install of WMC7.
That is pretty lame. I notice I get dupes already. Mostly on discovery channel as I think they don't flag the show right.

Well lucky for me there is very few shows I want to set to "record all". This issue should be moot when choosing "record only new".
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page