HTPC Case with Space Under Motherboard? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-11-2012, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Are there any good HTPC cases available that have space and holes to route cables under the motherboard tray like most modern mid tower cases? I'm currently using a Silverstone LC20B case and cable management is horrible at best. The case is too small for all of the cables inside it, which blocks airflow.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-11-2012, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Forgot to mention I'm running a standard ATX size motherboard.

post #3 of 7 Old 08-12-2012, 04:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I would be kind of surprised to see more then maybe an odd random model or 2.

You can usually get by without it though with a little effort. The case panel connectors are usually small enough to fit directly under the board in the space the standoffs leave you pretty easily. The power supply cables can be made to work in this fashion as well. With cheaper PSU's, just cut the zip ties as necesssary that keep the individual wires bundled to sorta spread them out / make them fit directly under the board too. For better PSU's, cut the jacket off so you end up with the same loose individual wires. Just get an idea from where your connections are as to where you want the wires to go under and come back over the motherboard, lay em down, throw on some strategic tape to help things stay in place while being installed, then mount the motherboard. Probably not the most ideal method to some people, but I have done a few machines like this that had absolutely 0 option for decent cable management, and had great results.
post #4 of 7 Old 08-12-2012, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Your already very limited on htpc cases with a full atx board. I agree cable management sucks. At times I am not too patient. But I have seen some very clean work here on small cases. Assassin's builds are always very clean imo.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-12-2012, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Are there no HTPC cases out there with Space behind the motherboard tray like gaming case?

post #6 of 7 Old 08-12-2012, 01:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott750 View Post

Are there no HTPC cases out there with Space behind the motherboard tray like gaming case?

No.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 7 Old 03-06-2013, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Bringing back my old thread :

So I'm still trying to find a case that has room under the motherboard for write routing, and stumbled upon the Cooler Master HAF XB. Only it's a little too wide for AV cabinet. But I like the idea of 2 shells, one on top for the motherboard and the bottom for the drives/psu/cables.

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=10020

Are there any other cases similar to this? It would be nice if HTPC cases were designed similarly because their front panels would hide everything perfectly.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page