TMT5 3d Blu-ray audio losing sync - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-12-2012, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
When watching a 3d blu-ray the audio slowly loses sync over time to where it become unwatchable. Pausing does not fix the problem but skipping chapters does resync.

I using an AMD 6450 for video and Intel HD2000 for audio (I have an older Preamp that can't pass 3D so I send video to the projector and audio to the preamp, both with hdmi). I have a constant image height set up with a 2.35 screen so when playing a 16x9 movie I use a preset to change the resolution to 1980x816 23hz. The intel audio is already set to 23hz. Aero and UAC disabled.

I'm using XBMC and TNT as an external player for 3D. Using the guide I set up MPC-HC and it plays 1080p mkv's perfectly. My only issue is TMT5.

core i3 2100 and 8 gigs of ram and windows 7 64bit if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-13-2012, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Have you tried sending the audio from the 6450 as well? You can get audio from the dvi port with a dvi to hdmi adapter. I have done it with a 6570. But you need a certain adapter for AMD.

But you say it does work with MPC so that's weird. Have you tried a regular BD with TMT? To see if TMT is the issue or maybe it's only 3d blurays?
post #3 of 3 Old 08-14-2012, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What version of TMT5? I know a few people including myself had similar issues with 3D Blu-rays when using TMT 5.1 versions. This was because Arcsoft tried to implement the auto refresh rate feature in the later builds of 5.1 and it ended up causing more headaches than doing any good. I am currently using the 5.2 build and haven't seen this issue at all. The other option is to use the very first build of 5.1, which did not have the auto refresh rate feature.

Hope this helps you out.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page