I bought a new Panasonic Plasma TV a few days ago. Model: TX-P50ST50.
Now it's connected to my PC:
- ASUS Maximus IV Extreme Z
- Intel i7 2700k
- SSD da 120GB + RAID da qualche TB
- nVidia GTX570 (video to 26'' PC Monitor) + nVidia GT430 (audio + video to Marantz SR7005 both with HDMI)
- Player: MPC-HC
Audio and Video come out from GT430 go to Marantz SR7005 and then Video to TV.
My "big" problem is: as I play a movie, a video or everything from the PCs the stream stutter. It's a kind of "irregular lag", like when the GPU is not able to run Crysis over 20fps
The audio on the marantz still remain perfect!
I tried to:
1) disable the intelligent frame creation (Panasonic tecnology to "create frames")
2) change HDMI cables
3) plug the TV direct to the GT430
4) plug the TV direct to the GTX570 (much more performant)
5) remove the 26'' PC Monitor
6) Use different players such as VLC, Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, ecc.
7) Increase the process priority to "Realtime"
Nothing, always the same problem.
So I copied a film to an USB flash and played it direct from the TV. No stuttering, no lag, perfect! Same story using the Apple TV of my brother... Perfect!
So I reduced the Hz of the output from the nVidia panel from 60Hz to 23Hz. Much better stream quality. The lag and stuttering are still present but almost invisible!
Instead of the intelligent frame creation on the TV menus now there is a function called 24p Smooth Film.
With 24Hz it's the same as with 23... then 25, 30, 59, 60 ... the stuttering is always increasing? or the same as with 60...
I really didn't have any idea what to do... hope you can help me
Sorry for my bad english... I'm not a native speaker
Thank you very very much!