EPL soccer live - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-18-2012, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello everyone,

as life demands it appears I have to cut back on expenses and that could mean the cable service. Before I do that though I want to see if there is a way to watch English premier league games live online, particularly Chelsea games. Something like mlb.tv would be perfect I am not opposed to paying as long as the games are live. I was wondering if anyone did this type of thing and could make a recommendation.

Thanks

Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-18-2012, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
There's Fox Soccer.tv. It's a little expensive in my opinion. Some games are live and some games are only watchable after they've finished airing.
The annual subscriptions is $160. Which comes out to $13 a month. Or you can go with the monthly subscription which is $20 a month. There is a 7 day trial in case you want to check it out.

Then there's ESPN 3 which is free if you have an ISP like AT&T. Not Time Warner which requires you to also have cable service with them. They air a lot of games from all over the world.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-19-2012, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't think there is one service, a la MLB.tv, that will be what your looking for. However, especially for EPL, and even moreso for a big club like Chelsea, you will ALWAYS be able to find their games online at various places.

It's a bit more difficult for me trying to find Serie A streams for a team that's not Inter, Juve, or ACM, and it will only be worse now that ESPN3 does not have rights to broadcast the games.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-21-2012, 03:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
If your'e in the USA, you may be able to catch a few or a lot of matches on ESPN3 (watchESPN.com). Sometimes they only show live matches, no replays.

You can try something livetv.ru/en, but who know what how many feeds or quality you'll get. But it's free, per se.

You can look into Chelsea TV. They didn't have a FAQ up. From what I could find, it's pretty cheap overall; annual subscription is only 45pounds, so probably around $55 after exchange rates and credit fees. I didn't see any mention of live games, but they said full match replays.

The problem, I don't know what Chelsea or Barclays has arranged in regards to TV rights. I'm assuming Sky TV has exclusive rights. In the States, I'm presuming Fox Sports does. On a side note, actually the Fox sports at $160 or $170 is pretty decent pricing compared to other sports leagues, and you actually get quite a few leagues to watch. The NFL Game Pass, which isn't able in the USA, is $200-$270 depending where you live. NBA is around $250, MLB is on the cheap side at $120, NHL was about $150

The last option is to subscribe to SkyTV Go. SkyTV is like DirectTV or Dish for across the pond. They have a online subscription for 35puonds a month, but I suspect you may need an IP from across the pond, and thus would need a VPN service. And you're not going to want to use a free to public because you'll want one with some bandwidth. But it does have Sky Sports, so you'll be able to Sky Sports, which has all the English football games.

Personally, I would just go with Fox Soccer TV. It includes access for mobile devices too. It's cheaper and will be less of hassle. I may not watch much soccer, but I did cut my cable to limited basic (channels 2-33) and now subscribe to NFL, NHL, MLB, and NBA. Now I get to watch a lot more sports and I'm paying for content I want to watch. The way I see it, I still would have gotten them at some point, so it's not like I'm shelling out more money.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page