Cars 2 MKV issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 08-20-2012, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I attempted to rip the Cars 2 DVD that I have to MKV but it didn't work. I'm using MakeMKV and the issue is that when I analyze the DVD it comes up with a bunch of possible titles to rip. I'm not sure which one to choose. I've tried a few and when I play the movie it basically scrambles the different tracks. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-21-2012, 12:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
There should usually be one large track at the top. The longest one.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-21-2012, 02:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
if you highlight one of the files, it'll give you the time and file size to the right. As stated above, look for the one with longest of the both; sometime one will be ridiculously long , so you want the one that matches the movie length. You can find that on the DVD, box cover (rear) or putting the DVD in player and see what it says for time.
post #4 of 10 Old 08-21-2012, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

I've ripped a few DVDs in my day and I know what I'm looking for. The issue is there are 20 or so files that appear to be the movie.
post #5 of 10 Old 08-21-2012, 06:53 AM

I've noticed several Disney movies that rip this way in MakeMKV. I ended up ripping all the tracks (yes it is time consuming) and then deleting the ones I don't want. This also gives me a chance to keep the "shorts" that Disney/Pixar include; the kids love them.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-21-2012, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefejt View Post

I've ripped a few DVDs in my day and I know what I'm looking for. The issue is there are 20 or so files that appear to be the movie.

I just ran into this on The Hunger Games Blu-ray that I backed up last night. I was having trouble finding the correct playlist / title to rip so I found one that was exactly the same as the running time of the film reported by IMDB and Wikipedia. Then I googled that title sequence and found that others had reported that that was the correct one. Good luck! I'm going to be trying to backup Cars 2 later this week once it comes in from Amazon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-21-2012, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I just ripped Cars 2 using MakeMKV. There was only one title the "correct" length according to the cover (there were several that were a slightly different length). This seems like the right title although but I do not get the English subtitle during the "Wasabi" scene.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
In MakeMKV, I don't know what is with it, but sometimes there will be more than entry with same file size and time length. In those situations, just pick one. Just check to make sure the audio or subtitle tracks are there you want. It's what I've done, and hasn't failed me yet. I've mainly just rips blu rays though, but have done some DVDs.

Personally, I think it's the movie. I maybe just a want to use more disc so it goes dual layer, which is more to keep people from copying the disc because dual layers blanks are significantly more expensive.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-23-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanforth View Post

I just ran into this on The Hunger Games Blu-ray that I backed up last night. I was having trouble finding the correct playlist / title to rip so I found one that was exactly the same as the running time of the film reported by IMDB and Wikipedia. Then I googled that title sequence and found that others had reported that that was the correct one. Good luck! I'm going to be trying to backup Cars 2 later this week once it comes in from Amazon.
I had the same problem with Hunger Games a couple of days back, which was the "correct" title?
post #10 of 10 Old 08-24-2012, 03:31 PM

Liked: 10
I had the problem with three identical tracks on Pixar Blu-Rays in the past. With "The Incredibles" there were three identical length tracks. As it turns out, there is a French, English and Spanish version of the same movie, and the only difference is the opening and ending credits (basically the title sequences). I have the French or Spanish track currently, as the English track refused to rip properly. It changes nothing, other than possibly the default subtitles as well. IIRC, the first of the three is the English version, then French, then Spanish, although this could be different on other discs.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page