Zotac Zbox ID82 Mini-PC Intel HD 3000 HTPC Win7/8 Media Center - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-25-2012, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone have the Zotac Zbox ID82?
http://www.zotac.com/index.php?product_id=439&page=shop.product_details&category_id=75&flypage=flypage_images-SRW.tpl&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=100167&lang=en&vmcchk=1&Itemid=100167

I'm moving, and will be putting the main media center into my bedroom. It would be nice to have a silent slim computer hidden behind the mounted TV on the wall. After doing some research the following seems to be the most powerful best bang for the buck computer. The following review sounds great, and the comments I read other places are almost all positive. (see youtube link at bottom)

Any opinions? (powerful enough?) I'll be hooking up two USB Ceton tuners, and 1 3TB external hard drive. (for recorded tv storage) I would possibly get HDHomeRun prime tuners to keep out of the way in the garage, but I'd rather have 8 tuners.

"Zotac Zbox ID82 UNBOXING and REVIEW! Intel HD 3000 graphics, Smallest PC BIG PERFORMANCE"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2xzd-MZy3U
johnyglynn likes this.

Mac Mini (Late 2012, Ivy i7-3615QM/Intel HD 4000) Win 8 Pro x64 Media Center, 2 USB Ceton InfiniTV tuners + Companion iPhone App, XBox extender, MyMovies.dk WHS 2011 StableBit DrivePool, TIP: (DISABLE Intel Graphics Control Panel's Dynamic Contrast to prevent 29/59 flicker)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-18-2012, 12:56 PM

Liked: 10
The Amazon reviews are saying that this works as a Rock Solid HTPC only if you use a SSD hard drive. Otherwise it skips frames now and then. Another issue is that Zotac WIFI cards are said to be weak/slow (you may need wired). There's another thread on xbmc forum stating the same (SSD and wired Lan).
post #3 of 4 Old 12-18-2012, 01:22 PM

Liked: 10
PS: I just realized that the ID82 is not current model i3. It's 2nd generation i3, and you want 3rd Generation (current) due to Intel's new HD Video 4000 and USB3 support.

BUY THE INTEL NUC INSTEAD (SAME PRICE)
post #4 of 4 Old 01-21-2013, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
I went with a new Mac Mini with i7 and Intel HD 4000 graphics a few weeks ago. (16GB RAM and I upgraded to 256GB SSD) It works great with Boot Camp for Windows 8 Media Center. I'm using USB 3.0 3TB hard drive for recorded TV storage.

I kept the Zbox ID82, it's now my Windows Home Server connected to two USB 3.0 ProMedia 3TB 4-bay enclosures.

Mac Mini (Late 2012, Ivy i7-3615QM/Intel HD 4000) Win 8 Pro x64 Media Center, 2 USB Ceton InfiniTV tuners + Companion iPhone App, XBox extender, MyMovies.dk WHS 2011 StableBit DrivePool, TIP: (DISABLE Intel Graphics Control Panel's Dynamic Contrast to prevent 29/59 flicker)
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page