Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-27-2012, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Media Center Stopped Working

That’s the message I got while watching an OTA recording. I checked for an online solution and wrote down the names of 3 filepaths. They were all in a temp folder but when I went to look for them they were not there, & I do have things set to view hidden files.

Here’s a screen print I was able to grab. I tried to capture the lower portion but the rest of the TV screen was black & there was no access to any other app so I could grab only one screen print.

Anyone ever see anything like this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-27-2012, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Once in a great while this happens to me. Usually scheduling or doing a manual re-boot helps with this sort of stuff. Win7 is the most stable version of Windows yet but re-booting helps keep things running smoothly.

post #3 of 4 Old 08-27-2012, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I think I just re-booted the day before. WMC restarted & I played the recording without a problem.

I've had problems with Comcast DVRs, Dish DVRs & Panasonic DVDRs. I guess why should HTPC be any different.frown.gif
post #4 of 4 Old 08-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

Once in a great while this happens to me. Usually scheduling or doing a manual re-boot helps with this sort of stuff. Win7 is the most stable version of Windows yet but re-booting helps keep things running smoothly.

@Sammy2...

If you don't mind, could you please divulge the versions of Media Browser, MPC-HC, and MadVR that you currently use? And also the nVidia driver revision you have for your 430GT card? I hope you don't mind this query, but I am building a HTPC with similar specs as yours, and am planning to install the same software you use (7MC + MB + MPC-HC + MadVR) for media browsing and playback.

Infrequent crashing of 7MC is something I hope to avoid, but I can live with it if in return I get great browsing and playback features + performance from this setup. I am cautiously optimistic on this one smile.gif

TIA

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page