This is my first post on this forum. The reason I'm here is someone send me here to ask you about a problem with my HTPC. I've been searching and trying to enable my HTPC to correct ly bitstream DTS-HD and TrueHD, but with no luck.
Here comes the story:
I recently build a brand new HTPC, dedicated for playing HD movies.
Playing movies with Dolby and DTS works fine. My receiver, type HT-R548 (part of the HT-S5405 package), shows up the red Dolby or DTS light on the front panel.
So far so good. But when I want to bitstream, my receiver says it's LPCM (when playing TrueHD) or DTS (when playing DTS-HD) input. I tried a lot of things in the receiver menu without any result. The receiver supports DTS-HD and TrueHD. It seems that the source, my HTPC, is doing something wrong. I'm playing mt2s sample files.
To give you some more info about my setup: this is it:The specs of my HTPC are:
- Motherboard: Asrock A75M
- RAM: 2x 2GB Gskill F3-12800
- APU: AMD A4-3400
- HDD: Western Digital 2TB WD20EARX
- Running W7 Ultimate.
Connected via HDMI to HDMI port 1 (BD/DVD) of my Onkyo HT-R548 receiver.
From the receiver HDMI out there is a HDMI connection to my TV, a Samsung UE46ES6570.
So, it seems to be a problem with the HTPC. I've tried a lot of things:
- In the sound settings of W7 I set ATI HDMI to default device
- I disabled all the Realtek sound devices of my AsRock mobo and deleted the drivers of it
- I calibrated the output to 5.1 surround.
- I checked if all the HD-formats are listed in the Supported formats tab in the Encoded Formats box, they are.
- I checked both boxes under Exclusive Mode in Advanced tab to 'on'
- I disabled all enchanchements
- I downloaded Total MediaTheatre 5 and set the mixing mode to 'Original primary audio only'. No result. TMT5 shows in its info that it is sending DTS-HD or TrueHD, but receiver says its getting LPCM or DTS.
- I set the mixing mode to 'Mix to PCM uncompressed audio': receiver shows input of LPCM audio with all formats (sounds better BTW).
- Tried to play a BluRay disc with DTS-HD sound in PowerDVD: before playing I set output to let the receiver to the job, during play it goes back to PCM-setting and I can't change it anymore.
Well I tried almost everything. The last thing I'm thinking of is that this is a handshake problem with my TV. Would an EDID-override do the trick? Or can I try to change some other settings on my HTPC.
Thanx for all your help!