HTPC to Pioneer VSX-521-k to TV problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-05-2012, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So if there's anyone out there that has any experience with Pioneer A/V Receivers? I'm having an issue with being able to get signal through my Pioneer VSX-521-K through my system. Basically, my setup runs just fine from the HTPC to the TV through HDMI just fine, but any time I attempt to put the receiver in between, all I get is an alternating blue/black screen that recycles every 2 seconds or so, with no sound as well. I know that the receiver will pass video through for some sources, as my XBox passes through the receiver to the TV just fine, I just can't figure out the HTPC at all. I'm running my HTPC with an Asus F1A75-M board that I've tried with both current and older drivers, but I can't seem to get it to work. Could this be an HDCP handshake issue, or does anyone have any experience or thoughts on how to get this fixed? I can't seem to find anything anywhere online about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-06-2012, 07:07 AM

Im having a similar issue with my Pioneer VSX-821. Im attempting to hook up my HTPC using the DVI output with a HDMI converter. I can successfully hook up straight from the HTPC to the television, however putting the receiver inbetween yields a "No Signal" issue. Im going to check to see that I dont have a faulty cable, since I was using separate cables for my testing. If that fails though, Im not sure what the problem is. Ive tried different resolutions, things that the receiver can only pass certain resolutions, but thats not it either.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-06-2012, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, that's basically what I've done, I've changed out HDMI cables, tested them, they all worked straight, going to try and initiate a dual monitor and try to set up differing resolutions to see if anything at all will pass though, but I'm basically at my wit's end about it, and can't find any documentation anywhere that would help.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
According to this thread

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1321970/official-pioneer-vsx-521k-owners-thread

Your 521 is similar to my Pioneer 520 in the guest room. To fix this issue I would use "Signal Sel" to cycle
through the audio inputs with the remote, returning to HDMI. I don't know WHY cycling the audio select
portion made a difference.

Hope this helps
post #5 of 5 Old 09-07-2012, 08:24 AM

I had the 822K.

Returned it. Pioneer Tech Support was garbage. No help online. Just too many issues (same issues as you) trying to get it to display an image.

Waiting on advice from fellow AVS folks on a new receiver (in the receiver forum) to simply work with my Lenovo Q180 HTPC.

I hear good things about Denon.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 521 K 5 1 Home Theater Receiver Glossy Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page