Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 110 Old 03-21-2013, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toys7505 View Post

I kind of have the same problem.......but with my movies I have ripped, I have lost the cover art when scrolling through, the backgrounds are still there and change every few seconds. Also, I don't see ALL my movies in the Gallery on the app for my Sammy S3.......

Trying to figure it out and troubleshoot........anyone have any suggestions?

I will say the app is pretty cool otherwise, the remote is faster than the Harmony I currently have setup! Like the other features with the guides, series recordings, etc......

Toys

Yammm pulls in its own metadata for movies. It will update the folder.jpg and media center info if selected as well.

If you look inside of C:\ProgramData\Yammm\Cache
you will see which movies were detected. Some might not be detected because it is based on the folder name, but where are some things you can do such as adding [imdb=XXXX] to the folder name which is the imdb id. We have it all on in our setup guide:
http://www.cetoncorp.com/documents/MyMediaCenterServicesSetupGuide.pdf

Software Developer on My Media Center -> Ceton Corp.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 110 Old 03-21-2013, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Thanks...I'll give that a try and tweak how it looks for metadata so it doesn't conflict with MediaBrowser.

Toys

Denon AVR-3311CI, Denon DVP-602CI, B&K EX4420, B&K TX4430, Belkin PF60
Sony BDP-S5000ES, Silverstone HTPC (6 Tuner DVR & 10 TB Media)
PSB Stratus Minis, PSB Stratus C6, PSB Alpha S surround, James Subwoofer EMB-1200
Sharp LC-70LE755U, Harmony 880 Remote
post #93 of 110 Old 05-06-2013, 10:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Sorry if this has been answered already, but is there any way to assign friendly names to extenders?
post #94 of 110 Old 05-06-2013, 10:22 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Sorry if this has been answered already, but is there any way to assign friendly names to extenders?

Not yet. It's a 'future' feature. Might be part of the magical all encompassing android integration when it eventuates.
post #95 of 110 Old 05-08-2013, 06:23 PM

Liked: 10
Sorry if this has already been answered....but.....I'm a My Movies 4 user, with over 400 movies and over 100 tv shows. This content is all presented in WMC using two customized strips, one for movies and the second for tv shows. The default movies strip already in WMC is ignored by My Movies 4. This is on Windows 8 Pro with Media Center, and using WMC as an extender on the xbox 360 to view content on an old cathode ray tube tv (no hdmi hookup, saving for a digital tv...what should I get?).

So my question is, how do I configure things on the i-phone or win 8 box that's my media center rig so that when I try to go to the movie gallery on the i-phone (or do any other functionality involving my media center movie library) then the content will pull from the My Movies 4 custom movie strip (or tv - show strip) instead of pulling data from the default Media Center movie strip (which I don't use and completely ignore)????

Thanks, any help is much appreciated. I've been googling for info regarding using Ceton's media center software with My Movies 4, but so far no luck.
post #96 of 110 Old 05-12-2013, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
are there problems with the newest desktop version connecting remotely

Tried 10 different Ports and all of them get refused. Telnet didn't connect either.

MS Threat Management Gateway is the nat firewall/ system
post #97 of 110 Old 05-13-2013, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 190
If you are having issues with MyMediaCenter, you may want to read and/or post in the "official" thread over at TGB.

post #98 of 110 Old 05-22-2013, 12:00 PM

Liked: 14
Become My Media Center Beta tester. Edit: Android Only right now....

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=5179
post #99 of 110 Old 05-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Does this app handle the music libraries as well? I'm looking for an easy way to play music off my HTPC out to my AVR without firing up the projector.
post #100 of 110 Old 05-23-2013, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't know. I use it mainly to remotely program recordings and check the guide.

post #101 of 110 Old 05-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

THanks. Looking on TGB, I see this from April 5, 2013:
Quote:
It is on the roadmap, but no eta at this time.

Looks like I'd better find another solution.
post #102 of 110 Old 05-23-2013, 04:42 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncarty97 View Post

Does this app handle the music libraries as well? I'm looking for an easy way to play music off my HTPC out to my AVR without firing up the projector.
If your AVR supports DLNA DMR, then take a look at J River Media center and the JRemote app (if you use an iOS device - there are similar apps available for Android devices). Even if the AVR doesn't support DLNA DMR, you can still hook the PC up to to a HDMI, coax, toslink, or analog audio input on the AVR and just play content via J River Media Center (and again, can use an app like JRemote to control it) or any other music player of your choice.
post #103 of 110 Old 05-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member

THe AVR does DLNA, I don't know what DMR is or if it has it though.
post #104 of 110 Old 05-24-2013, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

So do you need to be connected via WiFi to use the MCX naming feature? I just downloaded the update and want to do this but I am not connected to my local network. I am on 4g.

post #105 of 110 Old 05-24-2013, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I can confirm you can rename on 3G. I did this last night. Works great!!! This now may become the main remote. I'll just have to teach the wife how to use it.
post #106 of 110 Old 05-24-2013, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks. I figured it out in the mean time.

post #107 of 110 Old 05-24-2013, 12:20 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncarty97 View Post

THe AVR does DLNA, I don't know what DMR is or if it has it though.
This isn't the thread to discuss it in-depth. But I'd suggest starting out with a Google (or your search engine of choice) search for "DLNA DMR" to to some research on it. There are tons of ways to solve the problem you're trying to solve.
post #108 of 110 Old 05-28-2013, 06:20 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

So do you need to be connected via WiFi to use the MCX naming feature? I just downloaded the update and want to do this but I am not connected to my local network. I am on 4g.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJHTPC View Post

I can confirm you can rename on 3G. I did this last night. Works great!!! This now may become the main remote. I'll just have to teach the wife how to use it.

So how the renaming works is completely independent of the type of extender or anything. Basically under settings you just do a refresh of "connected devices" and then it will show you what is normally mcx-001-xxxxx... whatever and then you tap on it and you can choose what you want it to show up as inside of MMC when you hit the watch button. Each "PC" has it's own database of names since mcx-001.xxxx. could exist on multiple pcs. As long as your extender is connected it will show up when you refresh the list smile.gif

I also plan on bringing this to the other versions of the apps soon as well. It was just a weekend project for me and Google Play has that cool fancy beta channel stuff that I wanted to test out.

Software Developer on My Media Center -> Ceton Corp.

post #109 of 110 Old 01-30-2014, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I was debating starting a new thread vs. resurrecting this one... decided not to further clutter things up by creating additional threads.

Does anybody else suffer from significant lag if you either shut your screen off or exit (but not close) the My Media Center app, and then return to it / turn your phone back on to use it?

Occasionally things run smoothly/quickly as long as I leave the app open and just turn the screen off (to save battery life). But more often than not, that doesn't save me from suffering from significant delays/lag when I try to reopen the app and change the channel.

Up until recently this app has just been a fun little gimmick for me. But I'm now trying to use this app as my primary remote in both my basement and my bedroom. I don't mind the initial time delay when you open the app to connect, I just need a work around that prevents me from having to deal with that lag every time I go to use it to change the channel / fast forward / rewind.
post #110 of 110 Old 01-30-2014, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3Pil0t View Post

I have a bit of a work around. Browsing to another section of the app that clearly communicates with the WMC PC (e.g. recorded TV) to pull data, then going back to the remote seems to fix it. It's definitely like the app is losing the communication link to the server until I prompt it back into action by doing the work around. Otherwise, I can just be sitting there pressing buttons with nothing happening...

Might be a good opportunity for a future fix/update if others are experiencing this.

Edit: I would like to know if this is a problem only for me, so I can troubleshoot as required. Anyone else having this issue?

Related to my post directly above, I have also noticed that sometimes clicking into a different area of the app, and then returning to the remote, can help speed things up... very odd. It doesn't seem to work 100% of the time for me, though...
Reply Home Theater Computers